Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE7 Black screen on Vista Ult 64-bit

IE7 Black screen on Vista Ult 64-bit

Jssamp

I have an HP Pavilion dv9500 with Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, Vista Ultimate
64-bit. I have intermittent problems that are getting really irritating. I
use IE7 32-bit browser because the Flash Player won't work in the 64-bit IE7.
Sometimes for no reason I can discern IE opens any more new tabs or windows
with a black screen. It seems that everything is else is still happening, ie.
if I was entering a transaction or purchase I can't see that it completed but
if I restart IE and check on it, it was completed. Of course it's useless to
me anyway, I have to restart. Usually closing all IE windows is sufficient
and I can start IE again and it works for a while. Sometimes I have to
restart Vista to get IE to display correctly.

HP Tech Support twice told me it was the nVidia driver but installing the
driver they gave me didn't help.

Any Ideas?