Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > TOVO T450G - WiFi + GSM phone

TOVO T450G - WiFi + GSM phone

Nick

Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?

Nick

news2IXj.19928$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?

And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ 79.98
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

Ivor Jones

In news4IXj.19929$(E-Mail Removed)2,
Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news2IXj.19928$(E-Mail Removed)2...
: > Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
: >
: >
: And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ 79.98
: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

Yep looks the same to me.

Finally got mine from Sipgate, works ok but seems to have a very limited
range, very poor signal in areas of the house where the laptop works fine.

Incidentally, anyone know if it's possible to use it in a public
hotspot..? Tried a few times locally and while I can get a signal the SIP
account won't register.

Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play with. ISTR
someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability, any info on that as
I would find that useful.

Ivor

cybuerke

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news4IXj.19929$(E-Mail Removed)2,
> Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
> : "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news2IXj.19928$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> : > Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
> : >
> : >
> : And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ 79.98
> : http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx
>
> Yep looks the same to me.
>
> Finally got mine from Sipgate, works ok but seems to have a very limited
> range, very poor signal in areas of the house where the laptop works fine.
>
> Incidentally, anyone know if it's possible to use it in a public
> hotspot..? Tried a few times locally and while I can get a signal the SIP
> account won't register.
>
> Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play with. ISTR
> someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability, any info on that as
> I would find that useful.
>

> Ivor

Ahem! Please sir, please sir, here sir!

See my contribution dated 10/5 in the DP-L10 thread. Please try to keep up
at the back there!

Mr Voiptalker is the gent you need to speak to about firmware, Ivor.

Saga of the Pirelli continues. Let me know if you've all had enough yet,
and I'll apologise for it just before any subsequent instalment. )

voiptalker@gmail.com

On 18 May, 08:27, "cybuerke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Innews4IXj.19929$(E-Mail Removed)2,
> > Nick <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
> > : "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > :news2IXj.19928$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> > : > Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
> > : >
> > : >
> > : And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ 79.98
> > :http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

> > Yep looks the same to me.

Yes, it's another rebadged version. see the bottom of this page for
other "versions":
http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/telefo...ne_tc300:start)

> > Finally got mine from Sipgate, works ok but seems to have a very limited
> > range, very poor signal in areas of the house where the laptop works fine.

Yes, I mentioned poor range in an earlier thread as one of the
limitations, in my view.

> > Incidentally, anyone know if it's possible to use it in a public
> > hotspot..? Tried a few times locally and while I can get a signal the SIP
> > account won't register.

Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking certain
ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi connections
and got the same results as you - the wifi registers, but not the SIP.
Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it works

> > Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play with. ISTR
> > someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability, any info on that as
> > I would find that useful.

Yes, I'll try to get a webpage together with full instructions on how
to add in landline capability to covert it from "dual" to "tri".
Basically the device you need to add is a Sinus TC300 base station.
see:
http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/gatewa...?s=sinus%20300
BEWARE: There are 2 versions of this - an analogue version and an
ISDN version.

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:

[snip]

: Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking certain
: ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi connections
: and got the same results as you - the wifi registers, but not the SIP.
: Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it works

Doesn't want to know in the local Starbucks (T-Mobile) or another one
nearby "The Cloud". It'll be interesting to see if it works in Phoenix
Airport in Arizona next time I'm there, they are the only airport I know
with blanket free wi-fi coverage. Wish a few more would do that instead of
ripping us off with silly prices, paid about 7 for just over an hour at
Heathrow last year grumble moan.

:
: Yes, I'll try to get a webpage together with full instructions on how
: to add in landline capability to covert it from "dual" to "tri".
: Basically the device you need to add is a Sinus TC300 base station.
: see:
:
http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/gatewa...?s=sinus%20300
: BEWARE: There are 2 versions of this - an analogue version and an
: ISDN version.

Ok thanks. I was hoping to be able to use it with my existing DECT base,
are you saying it will only work with the Sinus one..?

Ivor

voiptalker@gmail.com

On 18 May, 17:32, "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> : > > Still, a useful device for the money and interesting to play
> : > > with. ISTR someone mentioning firmware that adds DECT capability,
> : > > any info on that as I would find that useful.
> :
> : Yes, I'll try to get a webpage together with full instructions on how
> : to add in landline capability to covert it from "dual" to "tri".
> : Basically the device you need to add is a Sinus TC300 base station.
> : see:
> :http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/gatewa...start?s=sinus%....
> : BEWARE: There are 2 versions of this - an *analogue version and an
> : ISDN version.
>
> Ok thanks. I was hoping to be able to use it with my existing DECT base,
> are you saying it will only work with the Sinus one..?

That's right AFAIK. The Sinus is a wifi base with WPA encryption.
Thus the phone needs a wifi profile to be configured to access the
Sinus. The TC300s (dual phones, not the bases) sold here in Spain come
with one profile already configured, though you have to further
configure them by putting in the base's WPA code. In fact, up to 5
Dual Phones can be configured to the Sinus.

Give me a few days to organise a page on the subject, I'm a bit tied
up workwise at the mo'.

mymail@hotmail.com

On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:32:41 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
>unexplained reason:
>
>[snip]
>
>: Yes, it CAN work in hotspots - as long as they aren't blocking certain
>: ports. I tried to use mine on the coaches that offer wifi connections
>: and got the same results as you - the wifi registers, but not the SIP.
>: Of course, if nothing is being blocked, then it works
>
>Doesn't want to know in the local Starbucks (T-Mobile) or another one
>nearby "The Cloud". It'll be interesting to see if it works in Phoenix
>Airport in Arizona next time I'm there, they are the only airport I know
>with blanket free wi-fi coverage. Wish a few more would do that instead of
>ripping us off with silly prices, paid about 7 for just over an hour at
>Heathrow last year grumble moan.

Have you got a Kentucky fried rat anywhere near you Ivor they are
doing free wifi now .

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:32:41 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >In
: >news:(E-Mail Removed),
[...]

Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it also.

Ivor

mymail@hotmail.com

On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:17:24 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it also.

I have a little unimportant problem Ivor do you happen to know if any
of the hot spots need to provide you with a password or anything I
only ask because when the local fried rat started the service I went
along there with my lap top and no matter what I could not connect to
anywhere .
Just wondering if it is me or them .