Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > TOVO T450G - WiFi + GSM phone

TOVO T450G - WiFi + GSM phone

voiptalker@gmail.com

On May 18, 7:47*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:17:24 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it also.

> I have a little unimportant problem Ivor do you happen to know if any
> of the hot spots need to provide you with a password or anything I
> only ask because when the local fried rat started the service I went
> along there with my lap top and no matter what I could not connect to
> anywhere .
> Just wondering if it is me or them .

Don't know about KFC, but on National Coaches that offer free wifi,
there is no encyption - it's totally open. though as mentioned
previously some traffic (SIP at least) seems to be blocked.

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: On Sun, 18 May 2008 18:17:24 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
:
: >Not round here, no. There's a McDonalds though ISTR they have it
: >also.
:
: I have a little unimportant problem Ivor do you happen to know if any
: of the hot spots need to provide you with a password or anything I
: only ask because when the local fried rat started the service I went
: along there with my lap top and no matter what I could not connect to
: anywhere .
: Just wondering if it is me or them .

Depends on the location. Most places (Starbucks etc) have pay wi-fi where
you have to log on and give your credit/debit card details before it will
let you do anything. I'm assuming that's why it won't let me use the
phone.

On the other hand some places (like Phoenix airport) are completely free,
but you still have to agree to the terms and conditions on a login page
first.

Did you get an IP address from the system..?

Ivor

mymail@hotmail.com

On Sun, 18 May 2008 23:33:56 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did you get an IP address from the system..?

Can't think Ivor it was the back end of 07 when I gave it a go
I tried ringing them to night directory enquiries cound not come up
with the local's number and the one in Preston where not answering the
phone had it ringing out for ages.
I intend to go down to the local one sometime this week and ask a few
questions this has been on my mind for sometime and I know it will not
leave me alone until I get the answer.

Gordon Henderson

In article <47udndLoCNqMeq3VnZ2dnUVZ8u6dnZ2d@plusnet>,
Martin² <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>A pub in Maidstone has free Cloud WiFi.
>My Senao happily obtained IP address, but no SIP registration.
>Zyxel P2000W V2, could not get IP address from the DHCP ! God knows why -
>enybody else have clue ?
>Enquiry to the staff produced a card with user ID and password which has to
>be input trough a browser

Another thing to watch out for is "broken" routers, so sometimes it's
not deliberate that you can get "web" access, but not SIP access.

Some routers try to be "clever" and "know" about SIP, so negating the
need for a stun server, etc. unfortunately a log of them just don't work.
Zyxels in particular - with them you need to telnet into the router and
type a command to disable the SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway). Same
for a few others - Juniper netscreens spring to mind.

Another reason to use IAX, if possible, but despite it being freely
avalable, source code an all, take-up is very slow )-:

Gordon

Iain

Martin² wrote:

> Enquiry to the staff produced a card with user ID and password which has to
> be input trough a browser

That's OK, there's a browser in the phone

Linker3000

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> In article <47udndLoCNqMeq3VnZ2dnUVZ8u6dnZ2d@plusnet>,
> Martin² <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> A pub in Maidstone has free Cloud WiFi.
>> My Senao happily obtained IP address, but no SIP registration.
>> Zyxel P2000W V2, could not get IP address from the DHCP ! God knows why -
>> enybody else have clue ?
>> Enquiry to the staff produced a card with user ID and password which has to
>> be input trough a browser

> Another thing to watch out for is "broken" routers, so sometimes it's
> not deliberate that you can get "web" access, but not SIP access.
>
> Some routers try to be "clever" and "know" about SIP, so negating the
> need for a stun server, etc. unfortunately a log of them just don't work.
> Zyxels in particular - with them you need to telnet into the router and
> type a command to disable the SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway). Same
> for a few others - Juniper netscreens spring to mind.
>
> Another reason to use IAX, if possible, but despite it being freely
> avalable, source code an all, take-up is very slow )-:
>
> Gordon

....and Draytek 2600s..TELNET in and issue SYS SIP_ALG 0

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Sat, 17 May 2008 22:26:53 +0100, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news2IXj.19928$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
>>

>And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
>http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
within 28 days no questions asked .

wrote:

>"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news2IXj.19928$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> Looks very similar to the Pirelli DualPhone DP-L10?
>>

>And wanted to say Tesco are selling titled product @ £79.98
>http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5300.aspx

Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
within 28 days no questions asked .

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:

[snip]

: Just bought one of these today can collect from a local Tesco
: on Wednesday and can return for a full refund if not entirely happy
: within 28 days no questions asked .

That's three times you've said that, Ron.

Ivor