Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: JS Stops working in IE6

Re: JS Stops working in IE6

VK

> Click on the "+" (at "level 1". That opens an inner table (level 2")
> while changing to a "-". Click on the "+" in level 2. It does nothing
> in IE6. In Firefox, it opens up another nested inner table (level 3)
> and changes to a "-". Clicking on the "+" in level 3 opens the last
> inner table (leve 4).

It works for me under IE6 / Windows XP SP2
What configuration are you using for test?

Also IE's conditional comments are working only for HTML and not for
external CSS files, so your last block in CSS file does nothing but
breaking your CSS table. See also

If you want IE-specific adjustments right in CSS table, use
expressions:

someElement {
width: 20em; /* default value */
width: expression(javascript code here) /* IE adjustment */
}

VK

On May 18, 12:34 am, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
> Is that a general rule to not have IE specific conditionals in CSS?

Of course not. IE specific conditionals in CSS are wrong not because
they are "theoretically wrong" or "should not be used" etc. They
simply do not work if they are not on HTML page. So your comments in
CSS file are not parsed and do nothing.

> >http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250496.aspx

> > If you want IE-specific adjustments right in CSS table, use
> > expressions:

> > someElement {
> > width: 20em; /* default value */
> > width: expression(javascript code here) /* IE adjustment */
> > }

> Thanks for the tip.

you are welcome

Re: JS Stops working in IE6 VK HTML 20 05-19-2008 09:35 PM
Re: JS Stops working in IE6 Beauregard T. Shagnasty HTML 1 05-17-2008 09:06 PM
Working connection stops working? Gary Fritz Wireless Networking 6 06-14-2006 12:51 PM
Just one ie6 template that works with ie6!? Ivor O'Connor HTML 4 11-25-2003 09:16 PM

Advertisments