Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > create asp:listview programmatically

create asp:listview programmatically

Carlo Marchesoni

I was searching for a sample or tutorial on how to build a ListView with it's
Templates and Datasources programmatically but without success.
I think of building a generic Viewer of data, but columns and datasource ar
not known at design time, so they have to be build dynamically in code-behind.
Does somebody know where to find something ?

Eliyahu Goldin

This article is quite old but is still actual:

Creating Web Server Control Templates Programmatically

Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
http://usableasp.net

"Carlo Marchesoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was searching for a sample or tutorial on how to build a ListView with
>it's
> Templates and Datasources programmatically but without success.
> I think of building a generic Viewer of data, but columns and datasource
> ar
> not known at design time, so they have to be build dynamically in
> code-behind.
> Does somebody know where to find something ?

Carlo Marchesoni

Thanks Eliyahu - great walk thru.