Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > computer not in network

computer not in network

sharon

We had our two office computers networked
today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I
have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

Don Phillipson

"sharon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> We had our two office computers networked
> today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do

> have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

The fastest solution is to run your Network Wizard again.
(This may lead to some duplicate entries in your Network
Places.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Chuck [MVP]

On Fri, 16 May 2008 23:03:00 -0700, sharon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>We had our two office computers networked
>today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I
>have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

Sharon,

Do the two computers have Internet connectivity? That's where you start - it
tells you whether the networking is working at all.

Examine the network methodically.
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ghborhood.html

If you like, post logs here from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config
server", and "net config workstation", from each computer, so we can diagnose
the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
precisely (Download browstat, and note how to install and run it.):
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...#AskingForHelp

--
Cheers,