Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > GTK Window to JFrame converter?

GTK Window to JFrame converter?

Shafik

Hello folks,

Any java gui geniuses out there?

I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
third party programs to plug into that shell.

The problem is that I would like to write a Java Swing application and
plug it in to that architecture ... is that even possible?

The GTK shell returns a GTK Window object for the third party
application to display it's gui on. Can I somehow convert that Window
object to a JFrame object so I can write native Swing code for the
Java application?

Any creative insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
--Shafik

Mark Space

Shafik wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Any java gui geniuses out there?
>
> I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
> written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
> third party programs to plug into that shell.

Could you provide a link to the documentation for GTK's "socket-plug
architecture"? I did a Google search but nothing looked reasonable.

Shafik

On May 16, 1:08 pm, Mark Space <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Shafik wrote:
> > Hello folks,

> > Any java gui geniuses out there?

> > I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
> > written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
> > third party programs to plug into that shell.

> Could you provide a link to the documentation for GTK's "socket-plug
> architecture"? I did a Google search but nothing looked reasonable.

http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtksocket.html

Cheers,
--Shafik

Mark Space

Shafik wrote:
> On May 16, 1:08 pm, Mark Space <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Shafik wrote:
>>> Hello folks,
>>> Any java gui geniuses out there?
>>> I have this rather interesting problem: I have a shell application
>>> written in GTK that uses the GTK socket-plug architecture to allow
>>> third party programs to plug into that shell.

>> Could you provide a link to the documentation for GTK's "socket-plug
>> architecture"? I did a Google search but nothing looked reasonable.

> http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtksocket.html

Thanks! I surely don't know any Java class or package that connects to
this, but I appreciate the info. GTK is a cool API.