Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using POST request method between servers?

Using POST request method between servers?

VagabondSW

I am working on a project where my client-side Windows application sends a querystring to a URL on a server hosted in
New York. The landing page on that server simply redirects the client to another URL on a server in San Francisco that
contains the web application.

Right now, the querystring is visible to the end-user. It's not a big deal because I am not using it to send any
secrets, but it has been suggested to me to use POST instead of GET to pass this information.

I was under the impression that the POST request method only worked on the same server. Is it possible to use the POST
method instead of the querystring in the scenario described above?

Thanks,

Carl

George Ter-Saakov

It's possible with Javascript
do somehting like that in your HTML page
<HTML>
<BODY>
<form name="MYFORM" id="MYFORM" method="POST"
action="http://www.anotherserver.com">
<input type="hidden" name="user" value="George">
</form>
<script>
document.MYFORM.submit();
</script>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Obviously will not work with Javascript disabled.

George.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...