Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Need some help for sending custom commands from ASP.NET page

Need some help for sending custom commands from ASP.NET page

erbilkonuk

Hi everyone,
I have been developing a project that is composed of one windows
service and one ASP.NET web site. The windows service and ASP.NET web
site reside on the same server.
I want to send start/stop service commands and custom commands to the
Windows service from ASP.NET Web site.
What I have done is :

* I read in a site that an web site user get credential of a user
"Network Service" at the server so I run the service with account
"Network Service"
* I give full control for user "Network Service" on Windows Service
executable .

What I get at the web site when I try to start/stop Service or send
custom commands is "access denied' error.

Should I programmatically get any priviledges? What should I do?

Best regards

B. Erbil KONUK

Manish

Hi,

When you browse to an ASP.NET page, it runs under the ASPNET account by
default not under the windows account you are logged in as.

Run this as an ASP.NET app to start and stop your services. This sample
mentioned in the link starts and stops SQL Server.

Please refer to the link below:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community...-and-stop.aspx

Regards,
Manish