Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wired or Wireless on Media Center PC

Wired or Wireless on Media Center PC

User

Right not I have my home entertainment pc wired into the back of my wireless
router. My setup has a splitter from the wall out. One going to the TV tuner
in the pc and the other going into the cable modem. But as of last night, I
can only get a signal to the cable modem if I plug it directly into the
cable outlet in the wall. If I try it via the splitter, I don't get signal.
Obviously, Cox cables internet signal leaves something to be desired. So
other than trying to get a new splitter which may or may not fix the problem
or having a tech person come out, would it be better to just get a wireless
usb for the home pc and then relocate the cable modem and wireless router to
another cable outlet in the house? I am also connecting a laptop via the
wireless router. I really don't even use internet access on the home pc
other than retrieving information while in the Media Center interface.

Marc

"User" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rsZWj.3189$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Obviously, Cox cables internet signal leaves something to be desired.

It does...what would that be?
http://www.speedtest.net/result/268820039.png

Barb Bowman

1. if things work with a splitter on another outlet, then something
has gone amiss with the run of coax to the outlet you can no longer
split.

2. with the modem plugged directly into the outlet giving you
trouble, Cox should be able to check your levels remotely and tell
you if there is an issue without rolling a truck.

3. if it was working fine up until "last night", then something
changed, inside your home or outside. if you get the right person on
the phone, they should be able to check to see if others on your
node have low signal strength.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

User

What would that be? What I originally posted r-tard.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...