Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Fable Lost Chapters on XP x64 system Memory Error

Fable Lost Chapters on XP x64 system Memory Error

Jikoku

I just purchased this game yesterday, thought it would work with my system
and look real nice. Here's the problem, I was able to install it fine, but
when I try to run the game it gives me a Memory Error (0x0611) Not enough RAM
or virtual RAM. How do I get the game to detect the memory? So I can play
this game.

Note: This is the only game that has ever given me this error. It shows
that it detected my vid card and cpu speed, but 0MB RAM.

This is my system if it helps.
Windows XP Pro x64
AMD Athalon X2 6000+
4 GB RAM (2 GB virtual)
2x Nvidia 8800GT in SLI
500 GB HDD
Creative X-FI gamer edit.

Carlos

Hi,
Microsoft has a specific kb (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905587/en-us)
for this game.
It seems to have lots of issues.
Best of luck.
Carlos

"Jikoku" wrote:

> I just purchased this game yesterday, thought it would work with my system
> and look real nice. Here's the problem, I was able to install it fine, but
> when I try to run the game it gives me a Memory Error (0x0611) Not enough RAM
> or virtual RAM. How do I get the game to detect the memory? So I can play
> this game.
>
> Note: This is the only game that has ever given me this error. It shows
> that it detected my vid card and cpu speed, but 0MB RAM.
>
> This is my system if it helps.
> Windows XP Pro x64
> AMD Athalon X2 6000+
> 4 GB RAM (2 GB virtual)
> 2x Nvidia 8800GT in SLI
> 500 GB HDD
> Creative X-FI gamer edit.

Jikoku

I've have red through all of the KBs in microsoft and none of them concern
the issue that I am having, even the contact number on the back of the
intruction booklet rings busy, and it is the same one of the site for
support. Most problems can be fixed with upgradeing all drivers and
reinstalling, but not with a RAM error (physical not video) This pc is only
a month old and fully up to date on drivers and windows updates. Is there
any way to fix this issue besides just getting a pc with windows xp 32 bit on
it?

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi,
> Microsoft has a specific kb (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905587/en-us)
> for this game.
> It seems to have lots of issues.
> Best of luck.
> Carlos
>
> "Jikoku" wrote:
>
> > I just purchased this game yesterday, thought it would work with my system
> > and look real nice. Here's the problem, I was able to install it fine, but
> > when I try to run the game it gives me a Memory Error (0x0611) Not enough RAM
> > or virtual RAM. How do I get the game to detect the memory? So I can play
> > this game.
> >
> > Note: This is the only game that has ever given me this error. It shows
> > that it detected my vid card and cpu speed, but 0MB RAM.
> >
> > This is my system if it helps.
> > Windows XP Pro x64
> > AMD Athalon X2 6000+
> > 4 GB RAM (2 GB virtual)
> > 2x Nvidia 8800GT in SLI
> > 500 GB HDD
> > Creative X-FI gamer edit.

Jikoku

Well it wouldn't let me edit my post so I just tried to call it after call
every hour on the hour and it actually let me, though i'm at work now and
can't call it, Are the times on the site actually correct, they say hours of
operation (PST), but I was calling them yesterday from 6pm (EST)...anyway I
was rambling, so I'll try that route, Carlos thanks for your quick reply.
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Microsoft has a specific kb (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905587/en-us)
> > for this game.
> > It seems to have lots of issues.
> > Best of luck.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Jikoku" wrote:
> >
> > > I just purchased this game yesterday, thought it would work with my system
> > > and look real nice. Here's the problem, I was able to install it fine, but
> > > when I try to run the game it gives me a Memory Error (0x0611) Not enough RAM
> > > or virtual RAM. How do I get the game to detect the memory? So I can play
> > > this game.
> > >
> > > Note: This is the only game that has ever given me this error. It shows
> > > that it detected my vid card and cpu speed, but 0MB RAM.
> > >
> > > This is my system if it helps.
> > > Windows XP Pro x64
> > > AMD Athalon X2 6000+
> > > 4 GB RAM (2 GB virtual)
> > > 2x Nvidia 8800GT in SLI
> > > 500 GB HDD
> > > Creative X-FI gamer edit.

Morgan

hi!
i solved the same problem on vista x64 by using windows xp compatibility in
fable executable properties

"Jikoku" wrote:

> I just purchased this game yesterday, thought it would work with my system
> and look real nice. Here's the problem, I was able to install it fine, but
> when I try to run the game it gives me a Memory Error (0x0611) Not enough RAM
> or virtual RAM. How do I get the game to detect the memory? So I can play
> this game.
>
> Note: This is the only game that has ever given me this error. It shows
> that it detected my vid card and cpu speed, but 0MB RAM.
>
> This is my system if it helps.
> Windows XP Pro x64
> AMD Athalon X2 6000+
> 4 GB RAM (2 GB virtual)
> 2x Nvidia 8800GT in SLI
> 500 GB HDD
> Creative X-FI gamer edit.

AlisterX

Yeah I'm running 64 bit Vista, I have a GeForce 8800 GT, and getting the
same RAM error. I tried running it in compatability mode, but no luck.
It'll load up, I'll try to start a new game, it will start loading, then
stop...do a quick save, and then crash.

--
AlisterX
AlisterX's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/146745.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

fable the lost chapters wont work =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iYnk=?= ASP .Net 1 11-19-2006 08:46 PM
A fable ... Joe HTML 7 10-12-2006 11:40 AM
Finding Nemo Aquarium VTS Vob Chapters solipsistic@earthlink.net DVD Video 3 11-12-2003 11:43 AM
??? making chapters(?) with Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD recorder dh_ld@nomail.com DVD Video 1 09-01-2003 03:29 AM
Lost document 11 Chapters Susan Tyrrell Microsoft Certification 2 08-11-2003 02:27 AM

Advertisments