Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java IDE

Java IDE

jojo80011

What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

Leonard Milcin

jojo80011 wrote:
> What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

The one you know and like the best.

Regards,
Leonard

--
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-- Leonardo da Vinci

RedGrittyBrick

jojo80011 wrote:
> What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

If you use Google Groups to search this newsgroup for IDE you'll locate
prior extensive discussion of this subject.

I bet Roedy's website has a page on it, google for Java Roedy IDE

--
RGB

jojo80011

On May 14, 8:42*am, RedGrittyBrick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> jojo80011 wrote:
> > What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

> If you use Google Groups to search this newsgroup for IDE you'll locate
> prior extensive discussion of this subject.
>
> I bet Roedy's website has a page on it, google for Java Roedy IDE
>
> --
> RGB

Has anyone used Netbeans?

Jan Thomä

On Wed, 14 May 2008 06:33:18 -0700 (PDT) jojo80011 wrote:

> What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

He said "Jehovah"!

Roedy Green

who said :

>What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

Who is the best person for you to marry depends very much on you and
your "budget". IDEs are similar.

Happily you can take IDEs for an extended test drive before you
decide.

--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Bruintje Beer

"jojo80011" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

Hi,

I use netbeans. A great IDE. It has all you need

John

jojo80011

Thanks to all of you for your input.

Joe

Tom Anderson

On Wed, 14 May 2008, jojo80011 wrote:

> What is the best IDE to use when developing Java applications?

IDEs are for the weak. Real programmers use the standard text editor and
javac.

And ed is the standard text editor.

tom

--
Ed editor textorum probatissimus est -- Cicero, De officiis IV.7

jojo80011

I was looking for constructive comments, not smart-ass answers.