Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Redirecting a WebService

Redirecting a WebService

Jeronimo Bertran

We have a WebService on a server that uses a public IP and a special port
number. Is there an easy way to access the IP using a redirection from a
domain name that is hosted on a different server?

For example, we are currently accessing the web service using
http://75.68.20.67:91/MyService.asmx

And we want to be able to access it through
http://MyDomain/MyService.asmx or something similar.

and MyDomain is hosted on a differnt server.

Thanks,

Jeronimo Bertran

nick chan

you can use port forwarding software like networkActiv

domain ABC.com = IP 1.2.3.4
networkActiv forwards port 80 of ABC.com to 75.68.20.67 port 92
then in 75.68.20.67, networkActive AGAIN forwards to 127.0.0.1 port 91

why again? so that when user investigate the HTTP headers, it can only
see 127.0.0.1, therefore IP 75.68.20.67 is hidden