Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco firmware images will not write to floppy

cisco firmware images will not write to floppy

net

I downloaded AP340v1205.exe (firmware file) Size: 1526.61 KB from cisco but
the unzipped img file will not write onto a standard MF-2HD floppy disc. I
also tried AP340v1204.exe Size: 1516 KB but still got the same problem - the
write process fails. I've tried different floppy discs with different
extraction programs (also tried rawrite but the process failed again) in
both windows and DOS on two different PC's but no luck.
I used Floppy Image to check the integrity of the img files and the program
said 'CRC32 check failed'. How do I get these images onto a floppy disc?

Daniel-G

net a écrit :
> I downloaded AP340v1205.exe (firmware file) Size: 1526.61 KB from cisco but
> the unzipped img file will not write onto a standard MF-2HD floppy disc. I
> also tried AP340v1204.exe Size: 1516 KB but still got the same problem - the
> write process fails. I've tried different floppy discs with different
> extraction programs (also tried rawrite but the process failed again) in
> both windows and DOS on two different PC's but no luck.
> I used Floppy Image to check the integrity of the img files and the program
> said 'CRC32 check failed'. How do I get these images onto a floppy disc?

it sounds like the download failed somehow
did you compare the checksum ?

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

On 14 May, 00:39, "headsetadapter.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it some kind of joke? Why are you writing these files to floppy? These
> are firmware images, which should be written into the Cisco AP340 Access
> Points, which has no floppy. Plus, regular floppy are 1440 KB, so, you will
> never fit 1516 KB file into the 1440 KB floppy.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Mike
> CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
> CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
> ------
> Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapte r.com
>
> "net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:4829ed3e$0$26077$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >I downloaded AP340v1205.exe (firmware file) Size: 1526.61 KB from cisco but
> > the unzipped img file will not write onto a standard MF-2HD floppy disc. I
> > also tried AP340v1204.exe Size: 1516 KB but still got the same problem -
> > the
> > write process fails. I've tried different floppy discs with different
> > extraction programs (also tried rawrite but the process failed again) in
> > both windows and DOS on two different PC's but no luck.
> > I used Floppy Image to check the integrity of the img files and the
> > program said 'CRC32 check failed'. *How do I get these images onto a
> > floppy disc?- Hide quoted text -

If for some reason you need to store the files on floppy disk then
use somehting like winzip, 7zip, gzip, to compress them.
If they won't compress the above programs may allow the
files to be split across more than one disk.

Also disks can sometimes be formatted at higher capacity,
e.g. Alkonost MaxFormat 3.60
Never used it but I have used similar tools in the past.

This is a networking group. We don't use sneakernet
much these days

net

"headsetadapter.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Is it some kind of joke? Why are you writing these files to floppy? These
> are firmware images, which should be written into the Cisco AP340 Access
> Points, which has no floppy. Plus, regular floppy are 1440 KB, so, you
> will never fit 1516 KB file into the 1440 KB floppy.
>
> Good luck,

not, not some kind of joke. Sorry to be a bungling beginner but we all have
to start somewhere. I thought the AP had to obtain it's image from a floppy
disc but I see now that was wrong. I'll get there in the end.