Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to edit email signature

how to edit email signature

vid

how do I edit my email signature so the whole thing wont show when
posting to a large group

why?

On Tue, 13 May 2008 09:52:26 -0700 (PDT), vid wrote:

>how do I edit my email signature so the whole thing wont show when
>posting to a large group

How do I know what email application you are using so you don't just get
any instructions that may not help?

Opera v9.26
Tools / Mail and Chat Accounts
select the account / Edit
Outgoing tab
Signature

SeaMonkey v1.1.9
Create a sig file first.
then
Window / Mail & Newsgroups
Edit / Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings
select account / tick Attach this signature / Choose

You get the general idea,

- Mail and/or Newsgroup settings
- Select the account
- specify the settings required.

FF can't be much different

Me

vid

On May 13, 1:24 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 09:52:26 -0700 (PDT), vid wrote:
> >how do I edit my email signature so the whole thing wont show when
> >posting to a large group

> How do I know what email application you are using so you don't just get
> any instructions that may not help?
>
> Opera v9.26
> Tools / Mail and Chat Accounts
> select the account / Edit
> Outgoing tab
> Signature
>
> SeaMonkey v1.1.9
> Create a sig file first.
> then
> Window / Mail & Newsgroups
> Edit / Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings
> select account / tick Attach this signature / Choose
>
> You get the general idea,
>
> - Mail and/or Newsgroup settings
> - Select the account
> - specify the settings required.
>
> FF can't be much different
>
> Me

Using ff ... on a vista .... and gmail acct

vid

On May 13, 1:24 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 09:52:26 -0700 (PDT), vid wrote:
> >how do I edit my email signature so the whole thing wont show when
> >posting to a large group

> How do I know what email application you are using so you don't just get
> any instructions that may not help?
>
> Opera v9.26
> Tools / Mail and Chat Accounts
> select the account / Edit
> Outgoing tab
> Signature
>
> SeaMonkey v1.1.9
> Create a sig file first.
> then
> Window / Mail & Newsgroups
> Edit / Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings
> select account / tick Attach this signature / Choose
>
> You get the general idea,
>
> - Mail and/or Newsgroup settings
> - Select the account
> - specify the settings required.