Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > For those who may be interested .

For those who may be interested .

cybuerke

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Being foreign doesn't bother me in the least what isn't foreign these
> days I have two foreign make cars and I shall have a third tomorrow
> at this time . Some of us pensioners who have looked after our money
> all our working lives instead of going on expensive holidays and
> spending it on booze and running up credit card bills etc etc every
> week have got bags of money to spend on just about anything we want .

Splendid man! Gissa borrow of a fiver, Ron?

mr deo

"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) et...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >I wonder if some very careless truck
> > driver braked exceedingly hard when he was passing Sipgates back door
> > and his entire load of the Pirelli's shot of the back !!! ,

The truck was reversing...

Harry Stottle

"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >I wonder if some very careless truck
>> > driver braked exceedingly hard when he was passing Sipgates back
>> > door
>> > and his entire load of the Pirelli's shot of the back !!! ,

>>Mr Deo:
>>The truck was reversing...
>>

> See me after class for remedial physics !

Seemed OK to me, have I missed something?

Ivor Jones

In news:jWyXj.39746$(E-Mail Removed)2,
Harry Stottle <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some
strange, unexplained reason:
: "Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: >> >I wonder if some very careless truck
: >> > driver braked exceedingly hard when he was passing Sipgates back
: >> > door
: >> > and his entire load of the Pirelli's shot of the back !!! ,
: >>
: >> M
: >>
: >
: >>Mr Deo:
: >>The truck was reversing...
: >>
: >
: > See me after class for remedial physics !
: >
: Seemed OK to me, have I missed something?

Yes, get in your car and drive until you reach 70mph, then slam on your
brakes and see what happens..!

Ivor

Harry Stottle

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:jWyXj.39746$(E-Mail Removed)2,
> Harry Stottle <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some
> strange, unexplained reason:
> : "Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : >> >I wonder if some very careless truck
> : >> > driver braked exceedingly hard when he was passing Sipgates
> back
> : >> > door
> : >> > and his entire load of the Pirelli's shot of the back !!! ,
> : >>
> : >> M
> : >>
> : >
> : >>Mr Deo:
> : >>The truck was reversing...
> : >>
> : >
> : > See me after class for remedial physics !
> : >
> : Seemed OK to me, have I missed something?
>
> Yes, get in your car and drive until you reach 70mph, then slam on
> your
> brakes and see what happens..!

I once did that in a loaded Transit van, the back end swung around
leaving me facing in the opposite direction, and if the back doors had
been open, the contents would have been spread in an 180 degree arc, but
that is not the point. If a truck was reversing at 70mph, and slammed on
the brakes, the load could then shoot off the back as Mr Deo suggested,
so I see no need for him needing extra remedial physics lessons, but
more worthy of a gold star

mr deo

"Harry Stottle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TtDXj.14138$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> > I once did that in a loaded Transit van, the back end swung around

> leaving me facing in the opposite direction, and if the back doors had
> been open, the contents would have been spread in an 180 degree arc, but
> that is not the point. If a truck was reversing at 70mph, and slammed on
> the brakes, the load could then shoot off the back as Mr Deo suggested,
> so I see no need for him needing extra remedial physics lessons, but
> more worthy of a gold star

*smiles* at his gold star

Al

"mr deo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sIpXj.4747$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >I wonder if some very careless truck
>> > driver braked exceedingly hard when he was passing Sipgates back door
>> > and his entire load of the Pirelli's shot of the back !!! ,

> The truck was reversing...

Or was a front loader and going forward........

Salvador Freemanson

> On Tue, 13 May 2008 19:11:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
>> unexplained reason:
>> : Duesseldorf, 13.5.2008
>> :
>> : Hi ,
>> :
>> : the Pirellio DP-L10 is not locked for sipgate and won't be
>> : preconfigured. You could order the device preconfigured:
>> :
>> : http://www.sipgate.co.uk/voipshop/si..._configuration
>> :
>> : Best regards,
>> :
>> : Udo Fritsch
>>
>> Ye gods, Ron - are you actually saying Sipgate are doing something
>> right..???!!!

> No I am saying nothing of the sort just passing on info that I thought
> may just be useful to some people and I still think more than ever now
> that something is not quite right somehow regarding these phones.
> Come on Ivor these phones where around £ 40.00 more expensive than the
> UTStarcom F1000 when I bought my Starcom over 12 months ago and nither
> the Starcom or the Pirelli haven't dropped much in price over the
> months from other sources .

The French ISP Free-Iliad started selling them for 200 euros over two
years ago, coupled with an automatic configuring service. A year ago it
dropped the price to 120 euros. They're still on its web site for that
price. There's a pretty active user community for those who can read
French at http://www.freephonie.org/support-materiels-vf26.html

mymail@hotmail.com

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:47:11 +0200, Salvador Freemanson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The French ISP Free-Iliad started selling them for 200 euros over two
>years ago, coupled with an automatic configuring service. A year ago it
>dropped the price to 120 euros.

And more expensive than the offering from Sipgate.