Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > eclipse problem loading workspace

eclipse problem loading workspace

jimgardener

hi
all of a sudden my eclipse europa installation fails to load the
projects i have been working on till now.I can load the individual src
(.java) files from File-Openfile .but i am not able to use the
run,debug etc since no projects are loaded
when i try File-switch workspace and select the existing workspace
folder eclipse restarts and again the projects are not
loaded..everything is empty as before.
when i try Run--OpenRunDialog it fails to open launch configurations
for java projects
can someone help?do i have to create projects anew?
jim

RedGrittyBrick

jimgardener wrote:
> hi
> all of a sudden my eclipse europa installation fails to load the
> projects i have been working on till now.I can load the individual src
> (.java) files from File-Openfile .but i am not able to use the
> run,debug etc since no projects are loaded
> when i try File-switch workspace and select the existing workspace
> folder eclipse restarts and again the projects are not
> loaded..everything is empty as before.
> when i try Run--OpenRunDialog it fails to open launch configurations
> for java projects
> can someone help?do i have to create projects anew?
> jim

I'd try to find out whether Eclipse is having problems with some file in
the workspace.

You might want to look at File, Import.

--
RGB

Tarin Gamberini

> all of a sudden my eclipse europa installation fails to load the
> projects i have been working on till now. I can load the individual src
> (.java) files from File-Openfile .

May be an unexpected corruption of your .project file.

Have you tried to create a new project (this create a new .project) and
then to copy in it your java, xml, etc... files from the old not-working
project?

I'm not sure that your problem could depend from a similar unexpected
corruption of your .metadata directory tree in your workspace, but if
the "create new project hint" doesn't work in your workspace you could
retry to create a new project in a new workspace (this create a new
..metadata).

Tarin

--
Tarin Gamberini
www.taringamberini.com

ttrifonov

Hi,

You can try to use "-clean" option when you're starting the IDE.

Tanyu