Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > slow load up when away from office wireless network

slow load up when away from office wireless network

Hello,

i have winxp pro and i know that they are no virus or antispyware issues, i
also believer ( though may be mistaken) that i have the minimum services
running on my laptop. i have an IBM T40 laptop with 512mb ram and 1.6ghz
pentium m.

when i try logging on my laptop while away from my office the computer takes
over 3 minute to load, mainly waiting on the "preparing network connection"
message before the option to login occurs.

Anyone have any ideas? or had this problem before?

Cheers

Graham

Hello,

i figured it out aftering downloading bootvis the delay was due to the
system searching for the dns server. i just set the dns server ( as opposed
to it being automatically assigned) and it was fine.

however i do seem to have a problem with this account not saving the
changes!!

news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...