Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET discrete querystrings

ASP.NET discrete querystrings

seanmatthewwalsh@hotmail.com

Hi

Is there a way to use querystring links that don't look like typical
querystrings?

E.g. say I have a blog where the unique title of an article is "Dollar
set to strengthen", and which has a PostID of 101. I can obviously
have a URL such as:
http://www.myblog.com/?t=dollar+set+to+strengthen
which then checks the t item against the title in the database.

BUT, is it possible to do it without the usual ?t= part?

i.e. I would like it to look something like this:
http://www.myblog.com/dollar+set+to+strengthen/

Is there ANY way to get that text down into a default page? I'm sure
I've seen it done on other blogs, not sure how you could implement it
in ASP .NET

Thanks
Sean

Joe Fawcett

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Is there a way to use querystring links that don't look like typical
> querystrings?
>
> E.g. say I have a blog where the unique title of an article is "Dollar
> set to strengthen", and which has a PostID of 101. I can obviously
> have a URL such as:
> http://www.myblog.com/?t=dollar+set+to+strengthen
> which then checks the t item against the title in the database.
>
> BUT, is it possible to do it without the usual ?t= part?
>
> i.e. I would like it to look something like this:
> http://www.myblog.com/dollar+set+to+strengthen/
>
> Is there ANY way to get that text down into a default page? I'm sure
> I've seen it done on other blogs, not sure how you could implement it
> in ASP .NET
>
> Thanks
> Sean

It can be done in a number of ways, try searching for URL rewriting and
asp.net.

--

Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)

http://joe.fawcett.name