Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python and Flaming Thunder

Python and Flaming Thunder

Dave Parker

I've read that one of the design goals of Python was to create an easy-
to-use English-like language. That's also one of the design goals of
Flaming Thunder at http://www.flamingthunder.com/ , which has proven
easy enough for even elementary school students, even though it is
designed for scientists, mathematicians and engineers.

castironpi@gmail.com

On May 12, 6:39*pm, Dave Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've read that one of the design goals of Python was to create an easy-
> to-use English-like language. *That's also one of the design goals of
> Flaming Thunder athttp://www.flamingthunder.com/*, which has proven
> easy enough for even elementary school students, even though it is
> designed for scientists, mathematicians and engineers.

Can you render some furniture for me... to try to see some human
posture to lowest energy levels.

Dave Parker

On May 12, 6:32*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can you render some furniture for me... to try to see some human
> posture to lowest energy levels.

Not yet; Flaming Thunder doesn't have built-in graphics yet. But
we're incorporating the graphics from www.dpgraph.com , so when that's
finished, then yes Flaming Thunder will be able to render furniture
and calculate energy levels.

If I remember correctly, I think that NASA did some experiments many
years ago on human posture and found that laying back (like the
astronauts do at takeoff) minimized stress on the human body due to
high g-forces.

Dave Parker

On May 12, 6:32*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can you render some furniture for me... to try to see some human
> posture to lowest energy levels.

I couldn't find any furniture created using DPGraph, but the math art
gallery at http://www.dpgraph.com/math-art.html has a sailboat, an
F15, Tux (the Linux penguin), a lampshade, and lots of other things
that will soon be doable in Flaming Thunder.

castironpi@gmail.com

On May 12, 7:59*pm, Dave Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 12, 6:32*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Can you render some furniture for me... to try to see some human
> > posture to lowest energy levels.

> I couldn't find any furniture created using DPGraph, but the math art
> gallery athttp://www.dpgraph.com/math-art.htmlhas a sailboat, an
> F15, Tux (the Linux penguin), a lampshade, and lots of other things
> that will soon be doable in Flaming Thunder.

Mine's been always messing up the color wheel. Do you see anything
analytic* / theoretically necessary / a priori / physical / physically
induced about that?

*Now that's a word from Philosophy Syntax--- pertaining to inherent
definitions of words, any and all.

Dave Parker

On May 12, 7:12*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Mine's been always messing up the color wheel.

Messing up in what way? Are you using the colors to visualize
something?

castironpi@gmail.com

On May 12, 8:18*pm, Dave Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 12, 7:12*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Mine's been always messing up the color wheel.

> Messing up in what way? *Are you using the colors to visualize
> something?

In a manner of speaking. I'm a first-time-live Information scientist,
just out of work. LIS at school and plenty of computer study, which
is fine. Yes, I am trying to visualize something.

Dave Parker

On May 12, 7:20*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>*Yes, I am trying to visualize something.

If it is related to making furniture comfortable for humans, have you
considered painting the furniture with thermochromic paint (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermochromism )? It changes color in
response to temperature, which in part is determined by how hard a
body is pressed against it because close contact tends to trap heat.
An evenly distributed color might indicated evenly distributed
pressure.

castironpi@gmail.com

On May 12, 8:36*pm, Dave Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 12, 7:20*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >*Yes, I am trying to visualize something.

> If it is related to making furniture comfortable for humans, have you
> considered painting the furniture with thermochromic paint (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermochromism)? *It changes color in
> response to temperature, which in part is determined by how hard a
> body is pressed against it because close contact tends to trap heat.
> An evenly distributed color might indicated evenly distributed
> pressure.

I do hold an argument that one can make too much money for one's own
good quality of life. Am I trying to visualize thermal (and ergo
possibly chemical too) gradients (thermovoltaic)? Yes in part. I'm
pretty generally interested, but where can print layout take you?
Microsales?

Diez B. Roggisch

Dave Parker wrote:

> On May 12, 7:20*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>Yes, I am trying to visualize something.

> If it is related to making furniture comfortable for humans, have you
> considered painting the furniture with thermochromic paint (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermochromism )? It changes color in
> response to temperature, which in part is determined by how hard a
> body is pressed against it because close contact tends to trap heat.
> An evenly distributed color might indicated evenly distributed
> pressure.

Don't let yourself be irritated by castironpi - he's the virtual equivalent
of a mumbling mad man in this group. Ignorance serves best as remedy - and
getting a filter to work, as I did (so I only see his postings being
quoted... a huge relief!)

Diez