Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3845 and l2tpv3 pseudowire problem

Reply
Thread Tools

3845 and l2tpv3 pseudowire problem

 
 
Dmitry Melekhov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2008
Hello!

I have following configuration on cisco 3660 on one side :

l2tp-class sberbank

pseudowire-class eth-sberbank
encapsulation l2tpv3
protocol l2tpv3 sberbank
ip local interface Loopback0

interface Loopback0
ip address 192.168.200.249 255.255.255.252

interface FastEthernet0/0.4
description sberbank
encapsulation dot1Q 4
no cdp enable
xconnect 192.168.200.250 1 pw-class eth-sberbank


and mirror configuration on another side on 2801.

Now I want to migrate from 3660 to 3845.

l2tpv3 connection starts
p100-cr3845-2#sh l2tun

%No active L2F tunnels

L2TP Tunnel and Session Information Total tunnels 1 sessions 1

LocID RemID Remote Name State Remote Address Port Sessions L2TP
Class/
VPDN
Group
37042 9051 xnet-cr2801-2 est 192.168.200.250 0 1
sberbank

LocID RemID TunID Username, Intf/ State Last Chg
Uniq ID
Vcid,
Circuit
11288 43070 37042 1, Gi0/0.4:4 est 00:00:06
2


but traffic don't pass.

I can see only arp requests pass this tunnel with tcpdump on both
sides.
What can be wrong?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Merv
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2008
> Now I want to migrate from 3660 to 3845.
>
> but traffic don't pass.
>
> I can see only arp requests pass this tunnel with tcpdump on both
> sides.
> What can be wrong?



1. The configurations wrt to the tunnel on the 3660 and 3845 are
identical ?

2. what is the IOS version in use on 3660 ?

3. what is the IOS version in use on 3845 ?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dmitry Melekhov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2008
On 12 อมส, 18:19, Merv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Now I want to migrate from 3660 to 3845.

>
> > but traffic don't pass.

>
> > I can see only arp requests pass this tunnel with tcpdump on both
> > sides.
> > What can be wrong?

>
> 1. The configurations wrt to the tunnel on the 3660 and 3845 are
> identical ?
>


Yes, shure

> 2. what is the IOS version in use on 3660 ?
>

12.4.10

> 3. what is the IOS version in use on 3845 ?

I tried 12.4.18 and 12.4.19

btw, 2801 on another side runs 12.4.17a

 
Reply With Quote
 
Merv
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2008
On May 12, 1:12 pm, Dmitry Melekhov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 12 อมส, 18:19, Merv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > > Now I want to migrate from 3660 to 3845.

>
> > > but traffic don't pass.

>
> > > I can see only arp requests pass this tunnel with tcpdump on both
> > > sides.
> > > What can be wrong?

>
> > 1. The configurations wrt to the tunnel on the 3660 and 3845 are
> > identical ?

>
> Yes, shure
>
> > 2. what is the IOS version in use on 3660 ?

>
> 12.4.10
>
> > 3. what is the IOS version in use on 3845 ?

>
> I tried 12.4.18 and 12.4.19
>
> btw, 2801 on another side runs 12.4.17a



Is CEF enabled on the 3845 ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitry Melekhov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2008
On 12 อมส, 23:33, Merv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> Is CEF enabled on the 3845 ?


Yes, it is enabled.
Very strange thing is that arp requests pass (this mean that l2
connection exists), but other traffic not.
May be something is wrong with switches?
I don't phisically replaced 3660 with 3845, they both are connected
now.
But I tried to change connection from 2801 to 2811 on other side (they
are both connected too) and there are no problems...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitry Melekhov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2008
On 13 อมส, 07:21, Dmitry Melekhov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Very strange thing is that arp requests pass (this mean that l2
> connection exists), but other traffic not.
> May be something is wrong with switches?


I tested, switches works OK, mac address from far point moves to 3845
when I turn loopback 0 no shutdown and shutdown on 3660...
 
Reply With Quote
 
Merv
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2008
On May 13, 1:00 am, Dmitry Melekhov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 13 อมส, 07:21, Dmitry Melekhov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Very strange thing is that arp requests pass (this mean that l2
> > connection exists), but other traffic not.
> > May be something is wrong with switches?

>
> I tested, switches works OK, mac address from far point moves to 3845
> when I turn loopback 0 no shutdown and shutdown on 3660...



Are ARP replies being received ie. is the tunnel passing both
broadcast request and unicast response ?

Post

sh xconnect all detail

sh l2tun summary al

sh l2tun sess all
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitry Melekhov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2008
On 13 อมส, 12:10, Merv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Are ARP replies being received ie. is the tunnel passing both
> broadcast request and unicast response ?
>


Just because I see mac addresses in arp tables on both sides I'm shure
that response pass.

> Post
>
> sh xconnect all detail
>
> sh l2tun summary al
>


There are no above commands . at least in 2.4.19...

> sh l2tun sess all

%No active L2F tunnels

L2TP Session Information Total tunnels 1 sessions 1

Session id 46479 is up, tunnel id 11028
Call serial number is 4900004
Remote tunnel name is xnet-cr2801-2
Internet address is 192.168.200.250
Session is L2TP signalled
Session state is established, time since change 00:08:36
964 Packets sent, 442 received
78038 Bytes sent, 30971 received
Last clearing of "show vpdn" counters never
Receive packets dropped:
out-of-order: 0
total: 0
Send packets dropped:
exceeded session MTU: 0
total: 0
Session vcid is 1
Session Layer 2 circuit, type is Ethernet Vlan, name is
GigabitEthernet0/0.4:4
Circuit state is UP
Remote session id is 43109, remote tunnel id 56034
DF bit off, ToS reflect disabled, ToS value 0, TTL value 255
No session cookie information available
UDP checksums are disabled
SSS switching enabled
Sequencing is off
Unique ID is 19

%No active PPTP tunnels



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dmitry Melekhov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2008
On 13 อมส, 15:22, Dmitry Melekhov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

well, I installed vtun on linux servers and shall try to forget about
cisco's buggy l2tpv3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordonian Gordonian is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
 
      02-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Melekhov
On 13 อมส, 15:22, Dmitry Melekhov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

well, I installed vtun on linux servers and shall try to forget about
cisco's buggy l2tpv3
If you have any non Ethernet connections between the L3 devices you will need to change the internetworking on the pseudowire-class to ip. This should be done at both ends of the pseudowire:


pseudowire-class eth-sberbank
encapsulation l2tpv3
interworking ip
protocol l2tpv3 sberbank
ip local interface Loopback0
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on 802.1q trunks and L2TPv3 pfisterfarm Cisco 1 08-26-2008 10:28 PM
L2TPv3 and vlans pfisterfarm Cisco 0 06-20-2008 04:02 PM
L2TPv3 tunnel and SSS pfisterfarm Cisco 0 06-20-2008 01:25 PM
l2tpv3 pseudowire connect frame to vlan davidb Cisco 0 12-23-2004 03:46 PM
l2tpv3 and vlans Ian MacDougall Cisco 8 12-15-2003 12:10 PM



Advertisments