Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Uploading via VisualStudio.NET

Uploading via VisualStudio.NET

Jordan Marton

Is it possible to upload a site via Visual Studio? I design my sites on
localhost, but need to upload to my remote server. Is it possible to do that
through VS.NET or do I need to use an FTP program?

jordan

Michal A. Valasek

| In VS.NET access the following menu.
| Project => Copy Project

This needs either FrontPage extensions or file share access, no FTP.

WebMatrix has built-in FTP, VS.NET unfortunately no :-/

-- Altair

Jordan Marton

There "ARE" frontpage extensions on my server, but I don't use them...

What is the reccomended way of getting files to a remote server then if
there is no included FTP? Also, what files do I need to copy? Obviously all
the .aspx and .aspx.vb and the bin directory with my dll... But what about
the .aspx.resx or whatever files?

Jordan

"Michal A. Valasek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | In VS.NET access the following menu.
> | Project => Copy Project
>
> This needs either FrontPage extensions or file share access, no FTP.
>
> WebMatrix has built-in FTP, VS.NET unfortunately no :-/
>
> -- Altair

Michal A. Valasek

| What is the reccomended way of getting files to a remote server then if
| there is no included FTP?

Microsoft obviously expects that everyone is using FP. Me not, therefore I
am copying it by hand via FTP.

| Also, what files do I need to copy? Obviously all
| the .aspx and .aspx.vb and the bin directory with my dll... But what about
| the .aspx.resx or whatever files?

You need to copy only DLL, Web.Config, ASPX, ASAX, ASCX and ASMX and so on.
You don't need any file with "doubled" extension ".aspx.vb etc.)

--
Michal A. Valasek, Altair Communications, http://www.altaircom.net
Please do not reply to this e-mail, for contact see http://www.rider.cz