Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Ipod Questions

Ipod Questions

Collector»NZ

Thanks folks, my main reasoning is that I am looking at getting 80GB
Classic. I have about 40GB of music and this is basically going to be
a form of backup and a way to have Music in the car and the office and
i didnt want to be locked into Itunes

Craig Shore

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 02:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks folks, my main reasoning is that I am looking at getting 80GB
>Classic. I have about 40GB of music and this is basically going to be
>a form of backup and a way to have Music in the car and the office and
>i didnt want to be locked into Itunes

itunes is actually quite a good piece of software. Given that you
are only going to half fill it, you could put a duplicate copy of your
music on there by using it as a drive. You'd need it duplicated as
the ipod won't play it from there.

Tony

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Thanks folks, my main reasoning is that I am looking at getting 80GB
> Classic. I have about 40GB of music and this is basically going to be
> a form of backup and a way to have Music in the car and the office and
> i didnt want to be locked into Itunes

Just make sure you set itunes to store in mp3 format not the mp4a format
and you should be fine.