Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: XP SP3 what a disaster

Re: XP SP3 what a disaster

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
write:

> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
>
> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P one..
>
> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista. You were
going to stick with XP, but it appears SP3 has turned that into another
disaster. What else is there?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
write:

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
>>write:
>>
>>> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed
>>> OK, but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
>>>
>>> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P
>>> one..
>>>
>>> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

>>So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista. You were
>>going to stick with XP, but it appears SP3 has turned that into another
>>disaster. What else is there?

> Simple to Fix it, no other way to stay sane.

Who is going to do that for you?

J Brockley

news:fuv4om$96a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
> write:
>
>> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
>> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
>>
>> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P
>> one..
>>
>> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

> So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista. You were
> going to stick with XP, but it appears SP3 has turned that into another
> disaster. What else is there?

It doesn't mean its a disaster it just means that if you don't want problems
and your current installation is vital to you then wait until the final
release as recommended. Quite simple really.

Will Spencer

On Sat, 2.6 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
> write:
>
>> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
>> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
>>
>> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P one..
>>
>> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

> So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista.

Oh really. What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit no
less.

-ws

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Will Spencer did
write:

> What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit
> no less.

You're like someone living in Baghdad, who's managed to get this far without
ever being car-bombed, so why does everybody else keep saying there's a war
on?

Cima

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:33:26 +1200, Will Spencer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 2.6 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
>> write:
>>
>>> Have done XP updates in the Past and no problems XP SP3 RC1 installed OK,
>>> but SP3 RC2 did not and had to reinstall XP.
>>>
>>> Now the same problem with the Final XP SP3, the real one not a P2P one..
>>>
>>> Went to a constant reboot after the first boot.

>> So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista.

>Oh really. What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit no
>less.

He could always go back to 98.

Will Spencer

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:56:45 +1200, Cima wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:33:26 +1200, Will Spencer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 2.6 Apr 2008 23:47:38 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Brian Mathews did
>>> write:

>>> So what are you going to do now? You refuse to consider Vista.

>>Oh really. What's his beef with Visastor? I run Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit no
>>less.
>>

> He could always go back to 98.

Well yea that would be better than resorting to Linux.

-ws