Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Premature AJAXulation

Premature AJAXulation

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Or, how many different ways can Web 2.0 apps be brought to their knees by
the same old Web 1.0 cockups?

<http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/14/ajax_charlatans_old_school_attack/>

Hamish Campbell

On Apr 15, 9:35 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Or, how many different ways can Web 2.0 apps be brought to their knees by
> the same old Web 1.0 cockups?
>
> <http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/04/14/ajax_charlatans_old_school_a...>

Quote of the week:

Billy Hoffman, manager for HP software' security labs, added:
"Companies will say: 'We can Web 2.0ify your existing applications in
15 minutes - we've got a wrapper'. These people are charlatans, and
you should punch them in the face."

Not a bad policy.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ChrisOD did write:

> No real world examples and the two examples used were crafted by the
> security experts to demonstrate attack vectors.

Based on advice which is commonly given to newbies. I posted here about a
recent magazine article advocating a CAPTCHA system with a security hole in
it big enough to drive a truckful of spammers through.