Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Home Page?

Home Page?

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>> (That's the great thing about Alzheimers, you get to meet new people
>> every day.)

> And Parkinson's means each new friendship gets off to a shaky start.

LOL!!! Who're you then?
--
Shaun.

Craig Shore

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:14:11 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Shore" typed:
>> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:29:52 +1200, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Don
>> Hills) wrote:

>>> about:blank

>> Same here. If you have it start on a news page it can take bloody
>> ages before you get around doing what you actually opened the browser
>> for.

>Umm, you do know that you don't actually have to wait for the page to load
>completely, or even at all, before you go to a bookmark or start typing in a
>URL right?
>
>Or do you mean that you end up reading the start page?

You always wind up reading the news headlines, which then leads to
reading more and more aticles. Before you know it half an hour has
just vanished!

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Shore" typed:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:14:11 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Craig Shore" typed:

>>> Same here. If you have it start on a news page it can take bloody
>>> ages before you get around doing what you actually opened the
>>> browser for.

>> Umm, you do know that you don't actually have to wait for the page
>> to load completely, or even at all, before you go to a bookmark or
>> start typing in a URL right?
>>
>> Or do you mean that you end up reading the start page?

> You always wind up reading the news headlines, which then leads to
> reading more and more aticles. Before you know it half an hour has
> just vanished!

Hehee! I know what you mean. However, NZCity has degenerated into
'celebrity' gossip so much of late, hence the search for something else.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.