Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > VOB converter

VOB converter

Caught

Can anybody help with possibly a free vob converter for use with Windows
Media Player and Windows Movie Maker- I would be most grateful.

Ideally an easy to operate interface would be a distinct advantage

Gordon

On 2008-04-11, Caught <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can anybody help with possibly a free vob converter for use with Windows
> Media Player and Windows Movie Maker- I would be most grateful.
>
> Ideally an easy to operate interface would be a distinct advantage

Handbrake, off the top of my head.

Lodi

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:42:17 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> On 2008-04-11, Caught <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Can anybody help with possibly a free vob converter for use with
>> Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker- I would be most grateful.
>>
>> Ideally an easy to operate interface would be a distinct advantage
>>

> Handbrake, off the top of my head.

Avidemux? There's a windows version. Freeware. Not quite one-click but
pretty close.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html

Not sure how the Windows version works but converting a dvd into an
avi/mpeg/mov/etc is pretty straightforward in the Linux version. If
you've already got the vob's just follow the tutorial....

http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/inde...tle=DVD_to_AVI

(By "vob converter" I'm assuming you mean DVD conversion. Apologies for
time-wasting if I'm wrong)

Regards
Lodi

Caught

"Lodi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ftndfa$nrf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:42:17 +0000, Gordon wrote:
>
>> On 2008-04-11, Caught <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Can anybody help with possibly a free vob converter for use with
>>> Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker- I would be most grateful.
>>>
>>> Ideally an easy to operate interface would be a distinct advantage
>>>

>> Handbrake, off the top of my head.

> Avidemux? There's a windows version. Freeware. Not quite one-click but
> pretty close.
>
> http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html
>
> Not sure how the Windows version works but converting a dvd into an
> avi/mpeg/mov/etc is pretty straightforward in the Linux version. If
> you've already got the vob's just follow the tutorial....
>
> http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/inde...tle=DVD_to_AVI
>
> (By "vob converter" I'm assuming you mean DVD conversion. Apologies for
> time-wasting if I'm wrong)
>
> Regards
> Lodi

No apologies necessary - instead many thanks I'll give it a try

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <480188cb$(E-Mail Removed)>, Sticky did write:

> Sometimes you can get away with renaming a VOB file as an MPEG2 file.

A VOB file on a DVD _is_ an MPEG-2 file. Two qualifications:
1) The VOB file has extra stuff -- navigation packets (used for trick play
and direct positioning by movie time), and subpicture streams (used for
subtitles and some other special features). These can of course be ignored
by MPEG-2 decoders.
2) Long titles can be broken up into multiple VOB files, so that each file
is less than 1 GiB in size, whereas you would normally rather the title
ended up as a single MPEG file.

Moyea Video Converter with iPad video converter brntkobe1 Computer Support 0 04-18-2010 08:22 AM
Converting a VOB file Bob C Computer Support 8 03-24-2005 10:00 PM
VOB editing Cubzilla Computer Support 1 05-19-2004 08:38 PM
how to convert VOB files to MPEG-2 serge Computer Support 1 04-28-2004 04:30 AM
Req: Proggy to convert VOB files to AVI files any help out there guys Duke Computer Support 2 10-13-2003 11:03 AM

Advertisments