Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Wireless network cuts out when phone rings

Re: Wireless network cuts out when phone rings

EMB

Corky wrote:
> Hi Guys and Gals
>
> I have a problem with my wireless network.
>
> My Internet is through Telstra Clear and I have a ZyXEL P-600 series
> wireless box and a Dynalink RTA 1320 running off the ZyXEL box. When
> answering the phone it kills the Internet for 2 or 3 minutes and the
> same happens when the phone is hung up.
> I have a normal landline phone and also a dedicated Fax number. The
> Fax is setup in the office and is on a splitter with the Dynalink RTA
> 1320. I would assume this is what's causing the strife.
>
> Anyone have any solutions other than moving the fax and Dynalink box
> from the splitter as I would prefer to keep both of these in the same
> room.

First things first. Are you losing the wireless network, or the ADSL
connection?

EMB

Corky wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:20:47 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Corky wrote:
>>> Hi Guys and Gals
>>>
>>> I have a problem with my wireless network.
>>>
>>> My Internet is through Telstra Clear and I have a ZyXEL P-600 series
>>> wireless box and a Dynalink RTA 1320 running off the ZyXEL box. When
>>> answering the phone it kills the Internet for 2 or 3 minutes and the
>>> same happens when the phone is hung up.
>>> I have a normal landline phone and also a dedicated Fax number. The
>>> Fax is setup in the office and is on a splitter with the Dynalink RTA
>>> 1320. I would assume this is what's causing the strife.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any solutions other than moving the fax and Dynalink box
>>> from the splitter as I would prefer to keep both of these in the same
>>> room.

>> First things first. Are you losing the wireless network, or the ADSL
>> connection?

> The ADSL connection.

Next things next. The 'dedicated' fax number - do you mean a
distinctive ring on the same line for another number (ie what telecom
call 'faxability')?

EMB

Corky wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:37:07 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Corky wrote:

>>> The ADSL connection.
>>>

>> Next things next. The 'dedicated' fax number - do you mean a
>> distinctive ring on the same line for another number (ie what telecom
>> call 'faxability')?

> My home number finishes with 302
> My Fax number finishes with 304 so yes it is Telecom faxability.

You don't actually mention having an ADSL filter on your phone. If you
don't have one then that will be the cause. If you do have one it
sounds as if it may be faulty.