Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Run Time Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Run Time Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Denise

Hi,

I have Windows XP x64.

Yesterday, I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise. There were no
problems installing it and it works fine. Up until a few minutes ago, my pc
had no problems. When I rebooted a few minutes ago, my pc received the below
runtime error. It's never happened before. I don't know if the error is
connected to 2007 Enterprise or if something else is causing it.

"Runtime Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: ...ram Files (x86)Ascentive\Performance Center\APCMain.exe
way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

This is my personal pc. I made no changes to my settings or other programs
so I don't know what's causing it.

How can this be fixed?

--
Denise

~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

Carlos

Denise,
Spyware maybe?
http://www.securitystronghold.com/ga...restriker.html
Carlos

"Denise" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP x64.
>
> Yesterday, I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise. There were no
> problems installing it and it works fine. Up until a few minutes ago, my pc
> had no problems. When I rebooted a few minutes ago, my pc received the below
> runtime error. It's never happened before. I don't know if the error is
> connected to 2007 Enterprise or if something else is causing it.
>
> "Runtime Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program: ...ram Files (x86)Ascentive\Performance Center\APCMain.exe
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
>
> This is my personal pc. I made no changes to my settings or other programs
> so I don't know what's causing it.
>
> How can this be fixed?
>
> --
> Denise
>
> ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

Denise

Hi Carlos,

That's an excellent link . . . thanks for providing it. I think a lot of
people can benefit from it.

Before I received your reply, I opened Advanced Windows Care, a really good
cleaning program for XP x64. I opened the Ignore list. This list tells
Advanced Windows Care not to report programs on the list.
Ascentive\Performance Center was on the list to be Ignored, as if it was an
allowed program. I don't know how it became an acceptable program. I
deselected it and when I rebooted, I didn't get the Runtime error message
again. But I'm going to try out your link and run a few other
anti-virus/trojan/worm programs to see if one of them picks up something.

Again, I hope other people see the link you provided, and thanks for
responding.