Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Long pause before system starts normally...

Long pause before system starts normally...

Nemole_Amzi

Hello,

Recently my pc crashed all of a sudden and now my pc boots normally, windows
loads fine but when it actually starts up, like the desktop and startup apps
etc, it gives my a long pause of about ~40 seconds with nothing but a light
aqua screen and the mouse pointer and only after this pause it starts to load
fine.

What have i done? is there an obvious problem fix? i ran chkdsk and sfc scan
but nothing came up

Im using vista 64 bit

thanks in advance

Charlie Russel - MVP

Check the event log - I'd guess something is timing out. Could be anything,
we'll need something to help us troubleshoot the cause.

What new program/service/web page/whatever had you added or visited just
before the "sudden crash". What were you doing at the time?

Again, this is all basic troubleshooting. Look for the proximate cause,
check for error messages, etc.

Another thing you can do is use msconfig to disable startup items until you
find the one that's erroring out.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Nemole_Amzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Recently my pc crashed all of a sudden and now my pc boots normally,
> windows
> loads fine but when it actually starts up, like the desktop and startup
> apps
> etc, it gives my a long pause of about ~40 seconds with nothing but a
> light
> aqua screen and the mouse pointer and only after this pause it starts to
> load
> fine.
>
> What have i done? is there an obvious problem fix? i ran chkdsk and sfc
> scan
> but nothing came up
>
> Im using vista 64 bit
>
> thanks in advance

Nemole_Amzi

Yeah thanks a lot, turns out it was a service, some Andrea ADI Filter
service. I googled it and turns out this problem is fairly common, i rly dont
know why this service has started to act up, because its a sound card service
i think and i also doubt my crash had anything to do with it hmm...

Anyway, thank u very much, it solved the "hang" at startup