Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the 1st day

Reply
Thread Tools

Calendar gadget shows Monday as the 1st day

 
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2008
Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).

Carlos
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Colin Barnhorst
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2008
According to the description for this third-party calendar gadget, "select
mon-sun or sun-sat".
http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...a618&bt=1&pl=1

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
>
> Carlos


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2008
Hunh. Mine starts on sunday. And I can't find where that setting is.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel


"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
>
> Carlos


 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2008
Charlie,
I guess it will depend on Vista localization (country, language)?
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Hunh. Mine starts on sunday. And I can't find where that setting is.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
>
>
> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> > Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> > Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
> >
> > Carlos

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2008
Thansk, Colin!

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> According to the description for this third-party calendar gadget, "select
> mon-sun or sun-sat".
> http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...a618&bt=1&pl=1
>
> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> > Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> > Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
> >
> > Carlos

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2008
Not seeing any way to change that, however, in the language section.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel


"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie,
> I guess it will depend on Vista localization (country, language)?
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Hunh. Mine starts on sunday. And I can't find where that setting is.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
>>
>>
>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
>> > Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
>> > Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
>> >
>> > Carlos

>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2008
Charlie,
This calendar gadget is exactly what I was looking for:
http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...4140&bt=1&pl=1
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Not seeing any way to change that, however, in the language section.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
>
>
> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Charlie,
> > I guess it will depend on Vista localization (country, language)?
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Hunh. Mine starts on sunday. And I can't find where that setting is.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
> >>
> >>
> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> >> > Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> >> > Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
> >> >
> >> > Carlos
> >>

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2008
Ah, good.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel


"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie,
> This calendar gadget is exactly what I was looking for:
> http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...4140&bt=1&pl=1
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Not seeing any way to change that, however, in the language section.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
>>
>>
>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Charlie,
>> > I guess it will depend on Vista localization (country, language)?
>> > Carlos
>> >
>> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hunh. Mine starts on sunday. And I can't find where that setting is.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Charlie.
>> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
>> >> > Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
>> >> > Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
>> >> >
>> >> > Carlos
>> >>

>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew Tapp
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2008
I've been trying to sort this for a while as it is extremely anoying.

In the folder c:\program files\windows
sidebar\gadgets\calendar.gadget\en-us\js is a file called calendar.js, if you
edit this (you will have to change the permissions/take ownership to do so)
and change the line

loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()-1;

to

loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek();

this will change the start day from Sunday to Monday.

I've also change the same file in the program files (x86)... folder as well.

Seems to work well with no issues so far, remember take a backup first.

Hope this helps.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
>
> Carlos

 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2008
Andrew,
Thanks for the tip.
In my case (Vista x64, Spanish MUI, Argentina) I had to set:
loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()-2
instead of your recommended
loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()
which had caused Tuesday to be the first day of the week!!!

Carlos

"Andrew Tapp" wrote:

> I've been trying to sort this for a while as it is extremely anoying.
>
> In the folder c:\program files\windows
> sidebar\gadgets\calendar.gadget\en-us\js is a file called calendar.js, if you
> edit this (you will have to change the permissions/take ownership to do so)
> and change the line
>
> loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek()-1;
>
> to
>
> loc.day.first = vbsFirstDayOfWeek();
>
> this will change the start day from Sunday to Monday.
>
> I've also change the same file in the program files (x86)... folder as well.
>
> Seems to work well with no issues so far, remember take a backup first.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Calendar gadget shows Monday as the first day of the week.
> > Is there any workaround so that it shows Sunday instead?
> > Believe it or not, it confuses me a lot (rhyme).
> >
> > Carlos

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calendar yr-mnth-day data to day since data skorpio11@gmail.com Python 2 10-04-2009 12:54 AM
Calendar Gadget fixed Carlos Windows 64bit 0 07-21-2008 01:51 PM
peterborough uk shortage of 1st 1st line jobs gerry MCSE 91 03-12-2008 06:03 PM
[Date-Calc] Extract each 1st (or 2,3..) Monday of month ? Alextophi Perl Misc 11 02-21-2006 12:18 PM
How to make a week view and day view calendar just like month view calendar in .NET ? Parthiv Joshi ASP .Net Web Controls 1 07-06-2004 03:15 PM



Advertisments