Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Install of Vista 32bit after the 64bit

Install of Vista 32bit after the 64bit

morvi

I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated by me
2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.

2 qeststions:

1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of upgrade
option.

2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the 32bit
after the 64bit?
e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?

- I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the 32bit
drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
(I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)

Thanks for any clues
Morvi

Theo

morvi wrote:
> I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated by me
> 2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
> I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.
>
> 2 qeststions:
>
> 1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of upgrade
> option.

You will need the 32-bit version DVD and will have to do a
clean install of the 32-bit version.

> 2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the 32bit
> after the 64bit?
> e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?

The quickest and easiest way is to delete the current
partition, then let Vista create a new on and go from there.

> - I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the 32bit
> drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
> (I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)

If you have an OEM version that came with a computer, you
will have to see if the Vendor has some sort of Exchange
program, or you will have to buy either a 32-bit Retail
version or a 32-bit OEM version. Either version will need a
new Product Key associated with it.

> Thanks for any clues
> Morvi

Tom Ferguson

Is the present system, Vista Hope Premium 64 bit, an OEM version or "retail"
full install package?

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated by
>me
> 2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
> I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.
>
> 2 qeststions:
>
> 1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of upgrade
> option.
>
> 2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the
> 32bit
> after the 64bit?
> e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?
>
> - I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the
> 32bit
> drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
> (I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)
>
> Thanks for any clues
> Morvi

morvi

It is the OEM version!

Morvi

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Is the present system, Vista Hope Premium 64 bit, an OEM version or "retail"
> full install package?
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>

> "morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated by
> >me
> > 2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
> > I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.
> >
> > 2 qeststions:
> >
> > 1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of upgrade
> > option.
> >
> > 2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the
> > 32bit
> > after the 64bit?
> > e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?
> >
> > - I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the
> > 32bit
> > drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
> > (I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)
> >
> > Thanks for any clues
> > Morvi

Tom Ferguson

OK. You definitely need to purchase a license for the 32-bit version.
However, there is a possible benefit. If you want, you could install it to
dual boot with the 64 bit system.

This requires a bit of setting-up. You would shrink the present partition on
the HD. Then install the 32-bit system. There are detailed instructions on
various Internet sites.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is the OEM version!
>
> Morvi
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Is the present system, Vista Hope Premium 64 bit, an OEM version or
>> "retail"
>> full install package?
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>

>> "morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have a pre installed Vista Home Premium 64bit (and the cd - activated
>> >by
>> >me
>> > 2 days ago) in my brand new computer.
>> > I realised this wont fit me and want to install now the 32bit version.
>> >
>> > 2 qeststions:
>> >
>> > 1.- Do I need to buy a full 32Bit version? or I there any king of
>> > upgrade
>> > option.
>> >
>> > 2.- Can someone give me some clues about how to do this install of the
>> > 32bit
>> > after the 64bit?
>> > e.g. Do I start by formatting the HD or should I install on top?
>> >
>> > - I've asked the PC provider and all they can tell me is that all the
>> > 32bit
>> > drivers are in the CD's I've got with the PC.
>> > (I am no PC expert but can understand quite well)
>> >
>> > Thanks for any clues
>> > Morvi

morvi

Whoah! -

I sure it an option to some people but I am going back to the 32 bit version
to avoid problems - not really enjoy expending my life solving computer
problems.

I see I need a new license for the 32-bit version (grrrrr).

One last question if you know - I have seen in ebay several advertised as
OEM - are they ok or I need to get a full retail ?

Mauricio

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> OK. You definitely need to purchase a license for the 32-bit version.
> However, there is a possible benefit. If you want, you could install it to
> dual boot with the 64 bit system.
>
> This requires a bit of setting-up. You would shrink the present partition on
> the HD. Then install the 32-bit system. There are detailed instructions on
> various Internet sites.
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>

> "morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It is the OEM version!
> >
> > Morvi
> >
> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Is the present system, Vista Hope Premium 64 bit, an OEM version or
> >> "retail"
> >> full install package?
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> MSMVP 1998-2007
> >>

> >> "morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

OEM will work but the license is not transferrable to another computer
later. As long as you understand that, OEM should be sufficient.

"morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whoah! -
>
> I sure it an option to some people but I am going back to the 32 bit
> version
> to avoid problems - not really enjoy expending my life solving computer
> problems.
>
> I see I need a new license for the 32-bit version (grrrrr).
>
> One last question if you know - I have seen in ebay several advertised as
> OEM - are they ok or I need to get a full retail ?
>
> Mauricio
>

> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> OK. You definitely need to purchase a license for the 32-bit version.
>> However, there is a possible benefit. If you want, you could install it
>> dual boot with the 64 bit system.
>>
>> This requires a bit of setting-up. You would shrink the present partition
>> on
>> the HD. Then install the 32-bit system. There are detailed instructions
>> on
>> various Internet sites.
>> --
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>

>> "morvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > It is the OEM version!
>> >
>> > Morvi

Tom Ferguson

)

OK.

OEM is fine. I would use the disk management facilities on the DVD to delete
the present partition(s) and install to the empty HD. Make sure you have
backed yup any user files you need or want.