Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > error message on start up

error message on start up

Malone

Windows XP Pro will not start I get the following message (windows could not
start because file missing or corrupt (windows root \system32\hal.Dll)

Dustin Harper

You can do a system repair from the CD to fix that. Or you can do the manual
way: "Most likely you will need to expand the file from the CD. The command
would be expand d:\i386\hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hal.dll. Substitute d:
for the drive letter of your CD. Once you have expanded the file type "exit"
to exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer. " (from
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm)

--

Dustin Harper

news:(E-Mail Removed)...