Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remote Assistance Error

Remote Assistance Error

William

I am having problems with microsoft remote assistance working between two
Windows XP machines.

I can respond to a remote assistance request just fine.

BUT When I send a request to someone else, they receive it fine, but when
they try and take control, they receive the error message
"remote host name could not be resolved".

I checked my Microsoft Windows Firewall Exceptions window and both Remote
Assistance and the RA MEssenger are checked to be allowed.

What causes this and how can I fix this in a SIMPLE manner? The solution
on the Microsoft website is tedious and unacceptable.

Colin Barnhorst

Are you using the 64bit version of XP? (This is not an XP newsgroup as
such. It is a Windows 64bit newsgroup.)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...