Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Loading an OS while in RAID

Seidell23231

Thanks to "COLIN" I know now I had to order Upgraded Disks to get Ultimate
SP1 in order to upgrade HP SP1..

So with that knowledge and the order placed, I have a question. Can you
upgrade the OS (in this case Upgrading HP SP1 to Ultimate SP1) while running
a RAID 0 PC?

I definately need this one right, because I don;t want to get RAID 0 up and
running only to find out next week that I can't loan the new OS due to the
RAID 0...

So, Guru's, whats the scoop????

Thx ~~ Joey

Carlos

Hi,
Drivers for RAID are the same in all the versions of Vista of the same
"bit-ness" (all x86 are equal, all x64 are equal) so, upgrading from HP to
Ultimate from withing Vista should pose no problems since the drivers are
already there.
Carlos

"Seidell23231" wrote:

> Thanks to "COLIN" I know now I had to order Upgraded Disks to get Ultimate
> SP1 in order to upgrade HP SP1..
>
> So with that knowledge and the order placed, I have a question. Can you
> upgrade the OS (in this case Upgrading HP SP1 to Ultimate SP1) while running
> a RAID 0 PC?
>
> I definately need this one right, because I don;t want to get RAID 0 up and
> running only to find out next week that I can't loan the new OS due to the
> RAID 0...
>
> So, Guru's, whats the scoop????
>
> Thx ~~ Joey

Colin Barnhorst

As Carlos says, since you are upgrading in place the drivers should still be
there. You may read about drivers that must be reinstalled following
upgrades to SP1 but that will not apply to you since you are already at SP1.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...