Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > If I do a Clean Install

If I do a Clean Install

Seidell23231

The PC I just bought came with Vista HP SP1. If I decide to go through with
my upgrade to Ultimate (Without SP1), I may need to do a Clean INstall. So,
how do I reacquire all of the programs that came preloaded with the system?

Thanks! Joey

Colin Barnhorst

You do not give enough info.

Is the preinstalled VHP x86 or x64?

Is the upgrade to Ultimate going to be x86 or x64?

If you are upgrading VHP x86 to VU x86 or VHP x64 to VHP x64 then there will
be no need to reinstall.

If you are migrating from VHP x86 to VU x64 you will have to reinstall
Windows and you will have to reinstall your programs. Make sure there are
x64 program files on the manufacturer's website and download them before you
begin.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...