Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Equivalent of Javascript Alert(string) method in C# script.

Equivalent of Javascript Alert(string) method in C# script.

Erik Veldkamp

Hi there,

When I use javascript I can call the alert(string) method, to show an alert
window.

How can I do the same when I use C# script?

Thanks for your help

Anatoly

There is no equivalent for alert(), cause C# is server-side language,
alert() : client-side script
What you can do: write to client alert() script like:

RegisterClientScriptBlock("myAlert", "<script
language='javascript'>alert('Here alert');</script>")
HTH

"Erik Veldkamp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgijmp$3ns$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> When I use javascript I can call the alert(string) method, to show an

alert
> window.
>
> How can I do the same when I use C# script?
>
> Thanks for your help

rogachez rogachez is offline
Junior Member

Well, this has to be said:

ASP is server side scripting,
C# can be used to program Windows (and then clientside) applications.

And yes, you can use this : MessageBox.Show()
To fullfill "Alert" and "Confirm" tasks.