Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Polish signs in win xp 64bit

Polish signs in win xp 64bit

szwichtenberg@gmail.com

Hi,
Ive just installed Windows XP pro 64 bit.
I want to write special polish signs using right alt.
Ive already changed Regional Options for Polish(programmer), but still
Im not able to use polish signs.
Any1 able to help me?
Thanks

Carlos

Hi,
You have to adjust two settings
1.- Input language (Polish, in your case)
2.- Keyboard Layout, which corresponds to the specific layout of keys you
are using
Once those two are properly set, Windows will "understand" what you are
typing as you want.
For example, I input text in Spanish (Argentina) and my keyboard layout is
Spanish (Spain).
Carlos

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hi,
> Ive just installed Windows XP pro 64 bit.
> I want to write special polish signs using right alt.
> Ive already changed Regional Options for Polish(programmer), but still
> Im not able to use polish signs.
> Any1 able to help me?
> Thanks

Tony Sperling

I am not sure this is the problem, Carlos - perhaps, SZ, you should tell us
what keyboard you are using?

I suspect that this is either a problem of Polish characters that have no
key on the Polish keyboard - or, he is using an English keyboard for
programming and want to access the ASCII characters through [Alt+Num]?

SZ, have you tried using Character Map and the Clipboard Manager? It's a
pain, I know, but it is not so bad as copying the characters one by one via
the lowly Clipboard.

To use the old ASCII method, I think you want to use an ASCII character font
and not a Windows font.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> You have to adjust two settings
> 1.- Input language (Polish, in your case)
> 2.- Keyboard Layout, which corresponds to the specific layout of keys you
> are using
> Once those two are properly set, Windows will "understand" what you are
> typing as you want.
> For example, I input text in Spanish (Argentina) and my keyboard layout is
> Spanish (Spain).
> Carlos
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Ive just installed Windows XP pro 64 bit.
> > I want to write special polish signs using right alt.
> > Ive already changed Regional Options for Polish(programmer), but still
> > Im not able to use polish signs.
> > Any1 able to help me?
> > Thanks

Carlos

Tony,
You are probably right, but I wanted to make sure that the two settings I
mentioned were Ok.
Many people disregard this settings and complain about this "new Windows" or
this "old keyboard".
BTW, charmap can be accessed - as usual - by pressing Windows Key + R,
typing "charmap" (no quotes) and then pressing ENTER.

Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> I am not sure this is the problem, Carlos - perhaps, SZ, you should tell us
> what keyboard you are using?
>
> I suspect that this is either a problem of Polish characters that have no
> key on the Polish keyboard - or, he is using an English keyboard for
> programming and want to access the ASCII characters through [Alt+Num]?
>
> SZ, have you tried using Character Map and the Clipboard Manager? It's a
> pain, I know, but it is not so bad as copying the characters one by one via
> the lowly Clipboard.
>
> To use the old ASCII method, I think you want to use an ASCII character font
> and not a Windows font.
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > You have to adjust two settings
> > 1.- Input language (Polish, in your case)
> > 2.- Keyboard Layout, which corresponds to the specific layout of keys you
> > are using
> > Once those two are properly set, Windows will "understand" what you are
> > typing as you want.
> > For example, I input text in Spanish (Argentina) and my keyboard layout is
> > Spanish (Spain).
> > Carlos
> >
> > "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Ive just installed Windows XP pro 64 bit.
> > > I want to write special polish signs using right alt.
> > > Ive already changed Regional Options for Polish(programmer), but still
> > > Im not able to use polish signs.
> > > Any1 able to help me?
> > > Thanks

szwichtenberg@gmail.com

Ty for help guys - I found out that it isnt windows fault. The problem
was program thats wasnt(and still isnt) supported with English version
of windows.

Ive already changed Regional Options for Polish(programmer) <== Thats
the layout - it wasnt a problem.