Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > OT - Adobe CS4 will be 64-bit (Windows only)

OT - Adobe CS4 will be 64-bit (Windows only)

TJD

According to BetaNews, Adobe's CS4 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash,
Illustrator, etc.) will be native 64-bit, but only for Windows due to
Apple's change in their core architecture.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Adob...ows/1207258861

Jane C

About time Adobe were dragged screaming and kicking into the 21st century
I hope it's true. Thanks for the info

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Charlie Russel - MVP

See, you need to be reading my blog. I posted that early this morning.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> About time Adobe were dragged screaming and kicking into the 21st century
>
> I hope it's true. Thanks for the info
>
> "TJD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> According to BetaNews, Adobe's CS4 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash,
>> Illustrator, etc.) will be native 64-bit, but only for Windows due to
>> Apple's change in their core architecture.
>>
>> http://www.betanews.com/article/Adob...ows/1207258861

> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Jane C

/Me wanders off kicking self having forgotten to read Charlie's blog <g>

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> See, you need to be reading my blog. I posted that early this morning.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Barb Bowman

I know the news perked me right up.

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 23:24:59 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>See, you need to be reading my blog. I posted that early this morning.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Dominic Payer

Adobe's Lightroom 2.0 beta is already available in a 64-bit version.
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> See, you need to be reading my blog. I posted that early this morning.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>

> "Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> About time Adobe were dragged screaming and kicking into the 21st century
>>
>> I hope it's true. Thanks for the info
>>
>> "TJD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> According to BetaNews, Adobe's CS4 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash,
>>> Illustrator, etc.) will be native 64-bit, but only for Windows due to
>>> Apple's change in their core architecture.
>>>
>>> http://www.betanews.com/article/Adob...ows/1207258861

>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

twaldman@gmail.com

Only Photoshop will be 64-bit... (Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator,
etc. will remain 32-bit for CS4)

jabloomf1230

Really? I would think that Premiere would benefit even more from 64 bit
then Photoshop.

> Only Photoshop will be 64-bit... (Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator,
> etc. will remain 32-bit for CS4)

Dominic Payer

From
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe...upport_FAQ.pdf

Q: Will the rest of the Creative Suite be 64-bit native on Mac and Windows?

A: Adobe is not yet in a position to announce detailed plans for 64-bit
support across all of the Creative Suite products. However, the announcement
that Lightroom 2.0 will be 64-bit native on both Mac and Windows has
prompted us to provide some early indication of plans for Photoshop. We can
say that for other Creative Suite products we'll be prioritizing 64-bit work
based on the potential user benefits and the complexity of the code
transition.
Please check back regularly or speak to your local Adobe representative for
the latest information about our future products.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...