Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DISLIN 9.3 starting issues

Reply
Thread Tools

DISLIN 9.3 starting issues

 
 
adolfo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2008
*** I thought I posted this subject 45 min ago but it does not show so
something went wrong and it does not show up. Excuse me if I repeat
myself ***

DISLIN 9.3 old manual problems

I just installed DISLIN 9.3 for python (DISPY is installed too) and I
am up to:

1.4 Quickplots
Some quickplots are added to the DISLIN module which are collections
of DISLIN routines for displaying data with one command. For example,
the function íplotí displays two-dimensional curves.

Example:
from Numeric import *
from dislin import *
x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
plot (x, sin (x/5))
disfin ()


I built the following little program:

from numpy import *
from dislin import *

def main():
x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
plot (x, sin (x/5))
disfin ()

main()

*** Here are the problems:

1. The "from Numeric import" statement did not work, I replaced with
"from numpy import*" and no complains form the interpreter.

2. If I enyter "from dislin import *" I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
from dislin import *
ImportError: No module named dislin
>>>


I checked the environmental variables paths and it all seems Ok:
c:\dislin
SYSTEM PATH = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;\System32;\Wbem ;C:
\Archivos de programa;\QuickTime;\QTSystem;C:\dislin\win
PYTHON PATH = C:\Archivos de programa\ArcGIS\bin;c:\dislin\python

WHAT ELSE TO DO?

any help will be much apreciated
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Weinhandl Herbert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2008
adolfo wrote:

> I built the following little program:
>
> from numpy import *
> from dislin import *
>
> def main():
> x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
> plot (x, sin (x/5))
> disfin ()
>
> main()
>
> *** Here are the problems:
>
> 1. The "from Numeric import" statement did not work, I replaced with
> "from numpy import*" and no complains form the interpreter.
>
> 2. If I enyter "from dislin import *" I get:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
> from dislin import *
> ImportError: No module named dislin
>
> I checked the environmental variables paths and it all seems Ok:
> c:\dislin
> SYSTEM PATH = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;\System32;\Wbem ;C:
> \Archivos de programa;\QuickTime;\QTSystem;C:\dislin\win
> PYTHON PATH = C:\Archivos de programa\ArcGIS\bin;c:\dislin\python


the environment variable is PYTHONPATH and i has to contain the directory
where the dislin.pyd module can be found;
you should set environment variable DISLIN too
(see python.inf, which you can find in the dislin-distribution)

depending on your python version (2.4 or 2.5) you need the correct
dislin-distribution, because dislin is a fortran/c library with
a layer for python access.

and try some examples of the distribution (they are importing only dislin
and math modules).

hth

Herbert
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
adolfo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-08-2008
On May 7, 2:03 am, Weinhandl Herbert <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> adolfo wrote:
> > I built the following little program:

>
> > from numpy import *
> > fromdislinimport *

>
> > def main():
> > x = arange (100, typecode=Float32)
> > plot (x, sin (x/5))
> > disfin ()

>
> > main()

>
> > *** Here are the problems:

>
> > 1. The "from Numeric import" statement did not work, I replaced with
> > "from numpy import*" and no complains form the interpreter.

>
> > 2. If I enyter "fromdislinimport *" I get:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
> > fromdislinimport *
> > ImportError: No module nameddislin

>
> > I checked the environmental variables paths and it all seems Ok:
> > c:\dislin
> > SYSTEM PATH = %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;\System32;\Wbem ;C:
> > \Archivos de programa;\QuickTime;\QTSystem;C:\dislin\win
> > PYTHON PATH = C:\Archivos de programa\ArcGIS\bin;c:\dislin\python

>
> the environment variable is PYTHONPATH and i has to contain the directory
> where thedislin.pyd module can be found;


** Thank you for the comments:
1- The strange thing is that I went to the dislin directory in the C:
drive and there was no disli.pyd file anywhere. I found the file in
the My Documents subdirectory where I had originally unzipped the
dislin archived files I downloaded and from where I run the setup.

> you should set environment variableDISLINtoo
> (see python.inf, which you can find in thedislin-distribution)


2 - Well I have followed the DISLIN 9.3 inf file for Python 2.5.2 for
Windows. It contains commands for a unix command line "unzip -o
dl_93_py.zip setup first and then... " and then:

" Windows 98/ME

Add the following commands to the autoexec.bat file

PATH=c:\dislin\win;%PATH%
SET DISLIN=c:\dislin
SET PYTHONPATH=c:\dislin\python

Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista

The environment variables can be set or modified with the
Control Panel
(see -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment
Variables)."

*** I have followed all these directions but DISLIN still does not
shop up as a module when making the Python calls.

It keeps me entertained in spite that my productivity is cero

Adolfo

>
> depending on your python version (2.4 or 2.5) you need the correctdislin-distribution, becausedislinis a fortran/c library with
> a layer for python access.
>
> and try some examples of the distribution (they are importing onlydislin
> and math modules).
>
> hth
>
> Herbert


 
Reply With Quote
 
michels@mps.mpg.de
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-08-2008
On 8 Mai, 02:55, adolfo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ...
> 1- The strange thing is that I went to thedislindirectory in the C:
> drive and there was no disli.pyd file anywhere. I found the file in
> the My Documents subdirectory where I had originally unzipped thedislinarchived files I downloaded and from where I run the setup.
>


The name of the Dislin module for Python 2.5 is dislin.pyd, not
disli.pyd. It's
copied by the setup program to the directory c:\dislin\python if you
have choosed
the default installation directory c:\dislin.

> > you should set environment variableDISLINtoo
> > (see python.inf, which you can find in thedislin-distribution)

>
> 2 - Well I have followed theDISLIN9.3 inf file for Python 2.5.2 for
> Windows. It contains commands for a unix command line "unzip -o
> dl_93_py.zip setup first and then... " and then:
>
> " Windows 98/ME
>
> Add the following commands to the autoexec.bat file
>
> PATH=c:\dislin\win;%PATH%
> SETDISLIN=c:\dislin
> SET PYTHONPATH=c:\dislin\python
>
> Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista
>
> The environment variables can be set or modified with the
> Control Panel
> (see -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment
> Variables)."
>
> *** I have followed all these directions butDISLINstill does not
> shop up as a module when making the Python calls.
>


The environment variable for Python is PYTHONPATH without any blanks.
You can check
the variable with the command 'echo %PYTHONPATH%' at a command prompt.


Regards,

Helmut
 
Reply With Quote
 
transanita transanita is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
 
      08-20-2011
hallo colleagues,


following absolute beginners problem:

I chose dl_10_p2.zip for my python 2.5 and did windowsXP-installing
but I get

>>> import dislin

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import dislin
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initdislin)


Why?

Maybe it's because it's dislin.pyd and not dislin.py?

would be pleased to hear from you

Anita
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLSFOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING ANDMAINTAINING... Oanh Bui C++ 0 04-27-2009 12:51 PM
3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLSFOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING ANDMAINTAINING... Oanh Bui C Programming 0 04-27-2009 12:51 PM
3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLSFOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING ANDMAINTAINING... Oanh Bui Python 0 04-27-2009 12:46 PM
[ANN] Data Plotting Library DISLIN 8.2 Helmut Michels C Programming 0 02-16-2004 09:57 AM
Plotting points with DISLIN Bob Perlman Python 2 08-01-2003 02:10 PM



Advertisments