Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Why are sender and object used as in sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs?

Why are sender and object used as in sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs?

Showjumper

Why specifically are sender and object used? I could use dfs as Object and l
as Evenat args. Some books show s instead of sender. Just wondering why
sender and object are used instead of someting elese.

John

They are just variable names that happen to be used most often in the
examples given by Microsoft. You can call them Simon and Garfunkle if you
like.

John
http://mallsocket.com

"Showjumper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why specifically are sender and object used? I could use dfs as Object and

> as Evenat args. Some books show s instead of sender. Just wondering why
> sender and object are used instead of someting elese.

Showjumper

So why does MS like using them?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...