Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Learn python packaging for Ubuntu and Debian in the Ubuntu Open Week

Learn python packaging for Ubuntu and Debian in the Ubuntu Open Week

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

Hi All,

If you wrote some python code that you want to package or know a cool
python application of which you like to make a deb installer, the
python packaging session is all for you! Do you develop some cross-
platform open source software and you want to give its popularity a
boost by bringing it to Ubuntu and Debian, read on! (Packages are what
installers are for Windows.)

This session will be hosted by the respected Emilio (pochu). I've
worked closely together with him (and others of the Debian PAPT team
like POX & ScottK) to make sure these packages landed well in Ubuntu
Hardy and Debian Unstable:
- Phatch (sudo apt-get install phatch, http://photobatch.stani.be)
- SPE (sudo apt-get install spe, http://pythonide.stani.be)

I've requested this session as I found there was almost no information
available tailored for python coders. I hope many people will attend.
The logs will be available here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/...ythonPackaging

The complete program of the Ubuntu Open Week is available here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

Feel free to comment or questions ahead of this session on this
thread. I am sure Emilio will read this thread.

See you there!
Stani

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

I forgot an important detail...

This session will be hosted Thu 1 May at 21.00 UTC on IRC in #ubuntu-
classroom.