Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > What does (ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) mean?

What does (ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) mean?

Kathy Burke

I just don't get what the () after the sub name does...kind of stupid
question, but it would be nice to understand it. Thanks.

Kathy

Jerry III

It's a parameter declaration...

Jerry

"Kathy Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just don't get what the () after the sub name does...kind of stupid
> question, but it would be nice to understand it. Thanks.
>
> Kathy

Kevin Spencer

Everything in between the parentheses is parameters. Parameters are values
that are passed to a function or subroutine, from the code that called the
subroutine. As the code you mentioned is an Event Handler, the parameters
are passed by the object which raised the Event.

Is that what you were asking?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer