Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Calling Java Class from python

Re: Calling Java Class from python

Gabriel Genellina

En Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:37:55 -0300, Good Z <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió:

> We have developed a website in python and we need to integrate few features of third party website. They have provided us Base64EncoderDecoder Java Class and would like us to use it to encode the data before sending it to their site and decode it when received anything from their site.
>
> I have no idea/knowledge of Java. Can you please guide me how can i call Java class from Python scripts? Or what is the best way to handle this condition.
>
> Is Base64 library provided by python is compatible to Base64EncoderDecoder Java Class?

If the Java class implements Base64 as defined in RFC 3548, it should be compatible with the Python base64 module.
Try with some examples, including the corner cases (empty, one byte, two bytes, three bytes, length = 3n, 3n+1, 3n+2, including bytes outside the ASCII range...)

--
Gabriel Genellina