Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > When I spawn a lightweight process in ASP.NET Does it time out??

When I spawn a lightweight process in ASP.NET Does it time out??

MS News

Hello

When I spawn a lightweight process on a new Thread and return immediately to
the Client
what happens if the lightweight process takes an hour to finish?
Under what context is the process running
Is it running under the current Session.
How do I insure that It will run until it is completed

Please point me to an artical
or give me some general Ideas

Thanks you

alien2_51

Take a look at delegation and/or making a asynchronous calls...

"MS News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> When I spawn a lightweight process on a new Thread and return immediately

> the Client
> what happens if the lightweight process takes an hour to finish?
> Under what context is the process running
> Is it running under the current Session.
> How do I insure that It will run until it is completed
>
> Please point me to an artical
> or give me some general Ideas
>
> Thanks you

MS News

I will look into delegation and/or making asynchronous calls...
But how does that apply to asp.net
What are your thoughts in addition for me to looking into articles that I
may understand or get the answer
In few sentances can someone tell me what they think

Thank you in advance

news:(E-Mail Removed)...