Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PyGTK GUI update without signals from GUI

PyGTK GUI update without signals from GUI

Andrew Lapidas

Hi All:

I am currently having a problem updating a GUI.

I am using PyGTK and Glade to design an interface for a project. This
interface contains no buttons, just images, labels, and a progress
bar. The code for the project is small, and it basically does some
things independent of the GUI in an infinite loop. I need the project
code to update the GUI intermittently. I have found, though, that
generally it seems that the gtk.main loop is looking for signals from
the GUI and I cannot figure out how to give it signals from another
application. I have thought spawning a new thread from the __init__
in the GUI and somehow having it send signals to gtk.main, but I do
not know if this will work.

Any opinions or ideas on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Andy