Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Unscrupulous Web Host anyone?

Unscrupulous Web Host anyone?

Travis Newbury

Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.

There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.

I don't care what country it is hosted in.

Anyone know of such a host?

Thanks

Jonathan N. Little

Travis Newbury wrote:
> Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
> because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
>
> There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
> direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
> cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
> with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.
>
> I don't care what country it is hosted in.
>
> Anyone know of such a host?

Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
"reality" TV of current favor...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Travis Newbury <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
> because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
>
> There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
> direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
> cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
> with a photo and

You mean, like

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/bitterbreakup1.jpg>

and

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/hell_hath_no_fury.jpg>

--
dorayme

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Travis Newbury wrote:
>> Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
>> because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
>>
>> There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
>> direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
>> cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
>> with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.
>>
>> I don't care what country it is hosted in.
>>
>> Anyone know of such a host?

> Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
> personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
> "reality" TV of current favor...

On a lighter note (my pixelation):

http://blinkynet.net/stuff/forsale_web.jpg

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Travis Newbury

On May 10, 4:23 pm, Neredbojias <me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/
fliam.php> wrote:
> I think almost any host would react with enough complaints. Just what is
> so volatile about this page, anyway? Perhaps a screen-cap of the local
> copy might illuminate us and some kind soul may perhaps offer you free
> space or sub-domain on his own fundament.

It is going to be a picture and a paragraph about "Why I think it is
ok to cheat on my wife"

I just don't want it to be turned off because he calls once.

Travis Newbury

On May 10, 5:57 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You mean, like
> <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/bitterbreakup1.jpg>
> <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/justPics/hell_hath_no_fury.jpg>

Exactly

David Segall

Travis Newbury <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey, I am in need of a web host that will not shut down a site
>because someone complains about it. Price is of little concern.
>
>There will be nothing offensive on the site except to the person it is
>direct to. (This is kind of a revenge site for a friend who was
>cheated on). No porn, lies, or bullshit on the site. Just one page
>with a photo and some text saying what an asshole they are.
>
>I don't care what country it is hosted in.
>
>Anyone know of such a host?

No, but why not just change hosts? I would be horrified if a domain
name manager like ZoneEdit <http://www.zoneedit.com/> refused to
forward a web address. If your friend's cause is just then I'm sure
she has enough friends who would host the page at their ISP after
another friend's ISP instructed them to remove the page. There are
some domain name registrars including http://www.domainmonster.com/
that include web forwarding as part of the registration and I would
hope that they could not refuse to forward a domain that is registered
with them.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:

> On 10 May 2008, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Hmmm, don't you think there might be better avenues to vent one's
>>> personal grievances? Bad enough with day-time shock-talk TV and
>>> "reality" TV of current favor...

>> On a lighter note (my pixelation):
>>
>> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/forsale_web.jpg

> Ya know, it's kinda depressing to realize that that description will
> eventually fit all women if it doesn't already...

You forgot about nuns.

--

place61@gmail.com

On May 11, 3:10 pm, Rob McAninch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If there is an identifiable image of a person in the photo, at
> something other than a clearly public event (e.g. someone in a crowd at
> a parade), then you should have a signed model release that preferrably
> states how you will use the image.

> Even with that, defamation could be a legal issue (but gives you firmer
> ground to stand on). Of course IANAL.

Interesting, check out cheaterdb.com. This was her first chouce, but
she want to make it more personal by getting his name as a domain for
it show s up in a google search of his name better.

> If you register a domain name and point the dns to a resonable hosting
> provider. It should _not_ be trivial for the average person to complain
> and get your site taken down.
>
> You may want to show your hosting provider what you intend to do and
> see that it is ok per their TOS.

Thanks.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
<me@http://www.neredbojias.net/_eml/fliam.php> writing in
news:Xns9A9BD1DC486D2neredbojiasnano@85.214.90.236 :

>>> Ya know, it's kinda depressing to realize that that description will
>>> eventually fit all women if it doesn't already...

>> You forgot about nuns.

> Nuns aren't really women, they're more like vegetables in mourning.

There are very few nuns now, and most of them are old and retired. We
need more nuns, women who go out of their way to help even the most
rejected and hopeless in our society with a smile on their face.

I live next to a convent, and I'm Catholic. These are probably the
nicest ladies I have ever met, and they are certainly not vegetables.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services