Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Odd PyQt4 crash on exit when importing on windows

Odd PyQt4 crash on exit when importing on windows

Chris Bergstresser

Hi all --

I'm having an odd import issue with PyQt4. If I create two files,
like so ....

--- xbomb.py ---------------

from PyQt4.QtGui import *
import sys, ybomb

app = QApplication(sys.argv)

if __name__ == "__main__":
main_win = QMainWindow()
main_win.show()
sys.exit(qApp.exec_())

--- ybomb.py ----------------

import xbomb

------------------------------------

.... as you can see, the *only* thing ybomb.py does is import the
original file. I can run xbomb just fine. However, when I close the
dialog it displays, I get a "python.exe has encountered a problem and
needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." crash on Windows
XP.
Obviously, removing either of the import statements fixes the
problem. I think I can disentangle my real code so the files don't
import each other, but what's going on? Are other people seeing the
same behavior?

-- Chris