Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > occasional SqlException 'a severe error occured...'

occasional SqlException 'a severe error occured...'

Sven Schimmel

Hello all,

I face the problem that occasional in one WebApplication
the following error occures:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A severe error
occurred on the current command. The results, if any,
should be discarded.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at ASP.AnbieterDetail_ascx.WriteLog(String StrID,
String StrKat) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\LNO_live\usercontrols\AnbieterD etail.asc
x:line 38

This error occures also occasionaly on other Usercontrols,
in which the SQLServer is accessed. The problem is, that I
can not reproduce the error. Sometimes it works and
sometimes not, with the same data in the webform.
Other Applications with the same basic Architecture do not
have this problem.
I looked arround in the internet and saw that a few others
face a similar problem.

The Application runs on the Webserver with
Windows2000AdvancedServer installed and The Database on a
Databaseserver also with Windows200AdvancedServer
installed and SqlServer2000.

If there is any solution to my problem, or if you need
more information just let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Sven

CT

Sven,

What does the SQL statement do? Are you working with Stored Procedures? Are
you doing any row locking (implicit or explicit) that might cause an update,
insert or deltion to fail?

--
Carsten Thomsen
Enterprise Development with Visual Studio .NET, UML, and MSF
news:0a1e01c3575f$11ae2180$(E-Mail Removed)...