Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > server-side http libraries?

server-side http libraries?

garyjefferson123@gmail.com

I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
into an existing event framework in c/c++.

Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

Gary

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
>(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
>too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
>into an existing event framework in c/c++.
>
>Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
>futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
>no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

--
Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

santosh

> I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
> (parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
> too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
> into an existing event framework in c/c++.
>
> Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
> futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
> no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

Just a guess but maybe this could suit you?

<http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/>

Otherwise I recommend also asking in comp.programming.

Roland Pibinger

Try: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

--
Roland Pibinger

santosh

Roland Pibinger wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:53:04 -0700 (PDT), garyjefferson123@...com
> wrote:
>>I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
>>(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
>>too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
>>into an existing event framework in c/c++.

> Try: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a client-side library?

Kenny McCormack

In article <fv40bu$9u6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Roland Pibinger wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:53:04 -0700 (PDT), garyjefferson123@...com
>> wrote:
>>>I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
>>>(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
>>>too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
>>>into an existing event framework in c/c++.

>> Try: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

>Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a client-side library?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all off-topic?

I'm sure KT will be along any minute now to tell us all that the word
"http" doesn't appear anywhere in any of the C standards documents.

But, maybe it does. Maybe, just maybe, the C standards documents contain
a section that tells you how to get said documents and/or how to contact
the authors. Such a section would probably contain at least one URL,
and that just might make this thread be on-topic. One can hope...

Richard Tobin

In article <fv45u0$93l$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Kenny McCormack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>But, maybe it does. Maybe, just maybe, the C standards documents contain
>a section that tells you how to get said documents and/or how to contact
>the authors. Such a section would probably contain at least one URL,
>and that just might make this thread be on-topic. One can hope...

A URL for WG14 is given in the C99 Foreword, and that appears to be
the only occurrence of "http". But the Foreword is probably not
normative.

-- Richard
--
:wq

santosh

Kenny McCormack wrote:

<snip>

Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
immediately become topical, but also useless.

Kenny McCormack

In article <fv4ce8$8ik$(E-Mail Removed)>,
santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Kenny McCormack wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
>immediately become topical, but also useless.

Funny how that works, innit?

I think you're finally beginning to get it.

Keith Thompson

santosh <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Kenny McCormack wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
> immediately become topical, but also useless.

Please don't feed the troll.

Nokia